Thread: Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916 screen distorts and locks on boot

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916 screen distorts and locks on boot

I am running Windows Vista on my Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916. Whenever I start this then it starts with the normal boot process but in a few seconds it lock up and the screen distort and because of that the screen become unreadable. Once this happens then I am left with just one option and that is to do a hard reboot. I am stuck with this issue and cannot guess any of the reasons to get this problem resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please post that over here. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916 screen distorts and locks on boot

Have you enabled the automatic Windows update on? If yes then you must make that disable. Many of times, I have seen that there is a startup problem with the system and disabling the automatic system update resolves the problem and I hope that it will do the same for you.

After reading your post, I think that there is some problem with the hard drive. Either it is going bad or corrupted. My suggestion to you is to perform the disk check and see if this is really problem with the hard drive. Other than this, you must also check that you have set the system boot order properly. This can also cause boot problem. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

These issues should not be avoided as that can cause major problem with the system. What you can do is, just go to the safe mode and the choose a restore point from there. Choose the date, earlier to one when the problem started and after that restore the system to that point. To get into the safe mode, just keep on pressing the F8 key while system booting and this will show you the option for the safe mode. Select the option for safe mode.

Just check that what are the programs which are set as start on boot? If you are having any program that is not needed and it is running unnecessarily then you can remove that from the startup list. I am telling you this because that program might be causing problem to boot. So it is worth to try.