Thread: Switch user option grayed out in Toshiba Satellite A665-S5173

Switch user option grayed out in Toshiba Satellite A665-S5173

I have made two accounts on my Toshiba Satellite A665-S5173 laptop but having problem in switching the accounts. Whenever I go to Start > Sleep then I found that it grayed out the option for Switch user. So in this case, the switch user’s option is unusable. Can you guess any workaround for this problem? If yes then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. I have tried with all the things from my side that I know for this but all of them failed. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Switch user option grayed out in Toshiba Satellite A665-S5173

Just copy paste all from quoted text to the notepad and then save that file as Add_All_Switch_User.reg (not .txt) and after that just double click on the saved file and if this asks you for the confirmation that whether you want to modify the registry, select yes and that will solve the problem for you.
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "HideFastUserSwitching"=-
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "HideFastUserSwitching"=-

There is possibility that the other account that you have created is corrupted and because of that the switch user option is grayed out. For this, just login with your account and then go to the control panel and open users accounts and from there you will have to set up new account. See if you can transfer all the things from the corrupted account to the newly created. But for doing this, you must be having the administrator account. If you are having limited account then you will not be able to do this.

There is one more thing that you can try. Just go to the power option and from there change the password requirements. Set that to “Require password on wake up”. Please reply that if this was helpful to you or not?

If you are having idea about registry then you can simply go to the registry and from there, just disable the fast user switching option. See if this is helpful to you or not. If that makes no change then, please re-enable that option to avoid any further problem with the system.

If this problem started after the doing some changes to registry (which is quite possible) then you can just make use of the option for system restore. Just restore the system to the point (date) earlier than the point when you did change in registry or earlier than the date when this issue started. This option will reset all the settings to that point and you might be out of the issue. Don’t worry; you will not lose any of the data from your system. This is the only thing that I can recommend you and hope that it will be helpful for you. Please reply back if this was helpful or not.

Suggestion on very first reply for the registry is good but I just want to warn you that it is very dangerous to play with the registry. While merging the file to Registry, if you did any mistake then you might be in a worse mess.