Thread: Motorola Droid 4 has a Locked bootloader and a non removable battery

Motorola Droid 4 has a Locked bootloader and a non removable battery

Guys I am very disappointed to hear about this. Frankly speaking after having read this news I am deciding that I would not like to go with the Droid 4. That’s it. No more Motorola for me. I would either settle with a nokia or a Samsung, I am really furious to see Motorola making such huge changes in its hardware. I don’t know if this news is well digested by the other users or not but surely you all would be thinking that why they have decided to go with such kind of terrible features.

Re: Motorola Droid 4 has a Locked bootloader and a non removable battery

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    Guys I am very disappointed to hear about this. Frankly speaking after having read this news I am deciding that I would not like to go with the Droid 4. That’s it. No more Motorola for me. I would either settle with a nokia or a Samsung, I am really furious to see Motorola making such huge changes in its hardware. I don’t know if this news is well digested by the other users or not but surely you all would be thinking that why they have decided to go with such kind of terrible features.
    I am not understanding why are you so shocked now? Well if you look at the specifications and features of any other sites it is clearly mentioned there. Also Motorola had announced it earlier only that they would be having a non removable battery and plus having a locked bootloader was but obvious, that’s all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    I am not understanding why are you so shocked now? Well if you look at the specifications and features of any other sites it is clearly mentioned there. Also Motorola had announced it earlier only that they would be having a non removable battery and plus having a locked bootloader was but obvious, that’s all I can say.
    Yes I quite agree with the above user, so what’s the big deal that this phone is not having the removable battery, there are several phones such Nokia N8 which are having the non removable batteries and I cant see people crying on that stupid topics. Now you cannot say that it is completely un removable, why, because you can bring in some external cells that are the size of a deck of cards and it can easily run in your cell phone, that’s it. Yes various purposes such as tethering and rotting wont be possible but that’s ok. Several shortcomings of this phone can be reduced with the update an all. That’s what I want to say here.

angry Re: Motorola Droid 4 has a Locked bootloader and a non removable battery

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Yes I quite agree with the above user, so what’s the big deal that this phone is not having the removable battery, there are several phones such Nokia N8 which are having the non removable batteries and I cant see people crying on that stupid topics. Now you cannot say that it is completely un removable, why, because you can bring in some external cells that are the size of a deck of cards and it can easily run in your cell phone, that’s it. Yes various purposes such as tethering and rotting wont be possible but that’s ok. Several shortcomings of this phone can be reduced with the update an all. That’s what I want to say here.
    Well those who are having the irremovable batteries might not be having the locked bootloader. If you talk about the Nokia N8 then it does not have a locked bootloader and there are full custom ROMs for it already. Now I don’t want the Motorola to decide for me as if which update is better for me and which is not, that’s what I don’t want in all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    Well those who are having the irremovable batteries might not be having the locked bootloader. If you talk about the Nokia N8 then it does not have a locked bootloader and there are full custom ROMs for it already. Now I don’t want the Motorola to decide for me as if which update is better for me and which is not, that’s what I don’t want in all here.
    The fact of having the non removable battery is not bothering me much. The only thing that is worrying me a lot is the locked bootloader. I think more time the battery sticks with the board the better it gives the performance if you atke the exampleof the iPhones then their battery cannot be removed so they are like good phones which has a good battery life but the same is not the case with the Motorola.

Anyways I am waiting for the Droid 5 which would be out in several months I will be checking that out first and then decide about what to do and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    The fact of having the non removable battery is not bothering me much. The only thing that is worrying me a lot is the locked bootloader. I think more time the battery sticks with the board the better it gives the performance if you atke the exampleof the iPhones then their battery cannot be removed so they are like good phones which has a good battery life but the same is not the case with the Motorola.

Anyways I am waiting for the Droid 5 which would be out in several months I will be checking that out first and then decide about what to do and what not.
    Who said that Motorola is going to launch Droid 5 is a couple of months no they will be releasing very less phones this year, so each and every phone which are released this year will be getting a better support then those phones of last year. So you will have to wait more in order to get the Droid 5. I hope that’s clear for you.

I just want to know if there is a developer or programmer out there who can unlock the Bootloader of this phone, if you all have any replies for the same then do let me know about it. So that we can think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    I just want to know if there is a developer or programmer out there who can unlock the Bootloader of this phone, if you all have any replies for the same then do let me know about it. So that we can think about it.
    No I don’t think so that will happen at all, since Moto bootloaders are encrypted. NOT unlockable. I don’t think so any developers would be able to unlock it.