Thread: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Hello everyone out here guys I am very excited to hear about this new phone have seen that it has lots of features and yes it does look a lot appealing. So what I want to say is that if my friend who stays in US and gets a Droid 4 will it work in aussie or UK, because he would be touring frequently so he just wants to know if that will work or not in other countries, I know the question might silly for you all but please be patient on these and answer me out, that’s all I can say.

Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hahtalekin View Post
    Hello everyone out here guys I am very excited to hear about this new phone have seen that it has lots of features and yes it does look a lot appealing. So what I want to say is that if my friend who stays in US and gets a Droid 4 will it work in aussie or UK, because he would be touring frequently so he just wants to know if that will work or not in other countries, I know the question might silly for you all but please be patient on these and answer me out, that’s all I can say.
    I don’t think so there would be any problem kind of stuff as far as the phone is unlocked. You can take it anywhere you want but mind you, you cant take the phone outside if it is a locked phone from U.S. so hope you did understood what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all. I hope that’s clear for you.

I have checked a lot of websites where the supported bandwidths given are 900/2100MHz UMTS 3G. so with that carriers like Optus/Voafone/Virgin in Australia and UK would be easily supported in that’s what I know. So if your network is using 850/1900MHz then it is pretty safe to use that otherwise it would be a grave problem for you. If it uses more than 1900Mhz.

smile Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hahtalekin View Post
    See it all depends upon the carrier that you are using for your phone, so do think twice before switching to any carrier. If you ask me with which carrier you should go then I would say you should definitely go with the Verizon. It would be safe to go with that option that’s what I can say, now why I am saying that is because the phone i.e. droid 4 is not a global phone and it does works only on Verizon network properly. Now with this statement I cant deny the fact that it does not work with the other networks, no that’s completely untrue, it will work but better be safe with the Verizon. That’s all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbose View Post
    I don’t think so there would be any problem kind of stuff as far as the phone is unlocked. You can take it anywhere you want but mind you, you cant take the phone outside if it is a locked phone from U.S. so hope you did understood what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you all. I hope that’s clear for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    I have checked a lot of websites where the supported bandwidths given are 900/2100MHz UMTS 3G. so with that carriers like Optus/Voafone/Virgin in Australia and UK would be easily supported in that’s what I know. So if your network is using 850/1900MHz then it is pretty safe to use that otherwise it would be a grave problem for you. If it uses more than 1900Mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    See it all depends upon the carrier that you are using for your phone, so do think twice before switching to any carrier. If you ask me with which carrier you should go then I would say you should definitely go with the Verizon. It would be safe to go with that option that’s what I can say, now why I am saying that is because the phone i.e. droid 4 is not a global phone and it does works only on Verizon network properly. Now with this statement I cant deny the fact that it does not work with the other networks, no that’s completely untrue, it will work but better be safe with the Verizon. That’s all I can say.
    Guys no need to debate more on this topic, Verizon has revealed that that its Motorola Droid 4 will be having global roaming capability through GSM / WCDMA support. this phone will also be have a LTE support now these would be a part of very few phones that supports support GSM, CDMA and LTE. So hope this does helps you all, that’s all I can say here.