Thread: Adding more memory to my existing GPU in Lenovo S205

Adding more memory to my existing GPU in Lenovo S205

I have a Lenovo S205 laptop. I had purchased a time before. Now I had installed corel draw and I am working on some image work. The image takes too much time to load up. After going through system specification I found that the laptop has just 376mb of dedicated video memory. I want to know that is there a way by which I can add more memory to my existing graphic card. I have around 4GB ram installed in my system. In which hardly 50% is used. So does the remaining memory can be utilized for the gpu. If this is possible then how to do that. I do not want any kind of upgrade suggestions for this. This is just for my temporary work. Thanks.

Re: Adding more memory to my existing GPU in Lenovo S205

This can be only done if it is supported by the bios of laptop or else there is no other way to do this. There is no direct software or application available in Lenovo S205 by which you can increase the graphic memory. Go in bios and just look for the setup of video memory. If there is any manual configuration available then you can increase the size and when the work is done, you can simply load the default settings back.

I am not sure that this process will work, but I had used this long time before on my system. Click on Start > Run and then type msconfig in the box. In that look for boot and click on advance option. Here you can decrease the memory size. Look for appropriate settings under here and just restart your computer. Check back that if your system can gain a little more video speed. If not then there is nothing much you can do. Only option lies is overclocking your gpu card. This is a bit risky process but in this you can again a good gpu clock speed. You can use this for sometime only and then just revert back the changes. There are many free tools for overclocking your gpu.

I think Lenovo S205 Bios does not allow you to do that. I am talking about increasing the video memory bios and I think also overclocking will not work. For overclocking you need a dedicated feature inside the bios itself. You cannot just overclock it by using any tool.

Use ATITool. This is a free overclocking software which is made for Ati and Nvidia. So I think this software can help you go gain some clock speed. Do not cross the limit as overclocking can burn your gpu completely. So just for limited time you can use it. First of all this is not all recommended unless it is very important. You can try disabling some background service and run the application back again.There is no other way you can add more memory to the gpu. The gpu is entirely a different hardware and the RAM is different. You cannot mix them both. Even basic registry cannot help you much in the same.

I know you do not want any upgrade suggestion, but this is the only thing you can do here and upgrading is the only right solution.