Thread: "Find my iPad" is completely useless

"Find my iPad" is completely useless

As far as I know there is some unique information stored in each of the ipads and that is used to detect the ipad whenever someone connect that to the app store. But my stolen iPad is never showing up in “Find My iPad”. I have already requested the remote lock right away when the ipad stolen. I think that this feature is not working properly. I am posting this over here so that I can get some help from you people. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this thread.

re: "Find my iPad" is completely useless

There is possibility that someone have jailbreak the iPad and because of that it is bypassing the security measures otherwise they have managed to report that unique information incorrectly while connecting to the app store. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this but there is a strong possibility for this.

I think that user has already connected to the App Store voluntarily and from there agreed to its terms and conditions. And if this is done then you cannot do anything.

Apple itself offers a support service to search for and find a lost or stolen iPhone. If your iPhone is gone, you can enter the MobileMe website and displayed on a map the approximate position. You can also make the iPhone beeps like a cordless phone if it were found nearby. If you cannot eventually recover, at least you have the option to lock remotely with a password or you can delete all personal data contained in remotely to not invade your privacy. In any case, there are no guarantees but it’s worth to try.

Undercover is the application that saves the position of IPAD and IP address on the account you registered at the time of install. This information can be seen going into your account and it is possible to send a message to the person who found it. By this way he can be put in touch with you and give it back.

iLocalis is an application that has earned a deserved reputation for it to locate and find Apple gadgets, particularly the iPhone. In addition helping you to find your stolen device, you can remotely control certain features of the iPhone. It's simple to install and use, free of charge but there are certain premium features which are only accessible through a "donation." These premium features include the ability to remotely lock your iPhone, do a remote backup data and delete all data and few other things.

There is one more application for the task of tracking an iPad iHound. This virtual bloodhound uses GPS and WiFi positioning device and locate the place where the iPad. The idea behind this technique is similar to that used all of these applications, it sends a message to the iPhone stolen and it responds with its position. This will be here in the iHound server. To see where the iPhone is lost or stolen you need to log into the website iHound. The application can be downloaded from iTunes.