Thread: How long is the Battery Life of Nintendo 3Ds

How long is the Battery Life of Nintendo 3Ds

I own a Nintendo 3Ds. I usually use it at home for about 1 or 2 hours at a stretch. So I don’t know how much long does the battery of Nintendo 3Ds take to completely drain off. I will be out of my home for around 10 to 12 hours. In this period I may need to keep my Nintendo 3Ds on standby mode for some time. So How long does it takes for Nintendo 3Ds battery to completely drain off in standby mode?

Re: How long is the Battery Life of Nintendo 3Ds

Nintendo 3Ds requires large amount of power. One can play with 3Ds on, for 4-5 hours at a stretch. If you are travelling for 10 -12 hours, then playing on Nintendo 3Ds with 3D engaged, you will be able to play for 4 to 5 hours at a stretch. Considering the charging time required for complete charging Nintendo 3Ds, it won’t be worth carrying Nintendo 3Ds on long journey if you will not have any source for charging again.

Nintendo 3Ds can work for up to 6-8 hours if 3D is not engaged. When 3D mode is engaged, the processor requires rendering every frame twice to create the depth. This dual rendering process costs the large amount of battery. If you need Nintendo 3Ds active for 10 to 12 hours, you can charge it if you find any source for charging. You can also decrease the brightness if possible.

Nintendo 3Ds if on Standby mode can be kept on for a whole day on single battery charge. If you are keen on saving battery for a journey of 10 to 12 hours, you can decrease the brightness of your display. Turning off the 3D mode helps a lot in saving battery. You can even use minimum voice as great amount of battery is required to keep speakers loud. Try using Wi-Fi less. If possible avoid running multiple applications or processes simultaneously.