Thread: When will Nintendo drop archaic game cartridge?

When will Nintendo drop archaic game cartridge?

As the title saying itself. I could not figure out the idea regarding dual pronged strategy with the current retailing of the game cartridges as well as addition of online storefront. According to me Nintendo should move on. They can sell the game which is quite cheaper for eg of 5-10$. if you are having any useful information then feel free to post over here.

Re: When will Nintendo drop archaic game cartridge?

I came to know that Nintendo are looking to move backward. They are going to introduced region lock in this version of the gaming console so it would be quite difficult to purchase the game.

They are going to lock their eShop. When I went to purchase Pushmo on the US version of 3DS then I was not able to purchase the same. I think they are looking to have some real retail roots. They are developing really great content and having really awesome system. but they are not able to get as much as paying hands. In order to counteract the piracy the legal alternate method should be easy and there should not be much pain while doing that.

According to me the region lock is supposed to be new thing introduced for the handheld. Another factor is space. If you wanted to purchase the full game digitally you will need to upgrade the SD card of the larger size. I don’t remember what is the SD card limit for 3DS. I don’t want Tangible cartridges at all.

The game cartridges was evolved in the era of 1990s to 2000s. I don’t enjoy the purchasing the digital copies of the game rather than I would like to have it on my hand. I also agree that they should provide the online shop when they are going to sell the 3DS game digitally. The game should be less costly as compare to the market place of Xbox. The ratio of games which are fitting on the SD card to the individual games would target 2GB SD card. if they are going to make 20 cartridges for the 20 games then I think we can deal with the same.

Nowadays all the stuffs are available on online so Nintendo should do something in order to leave the legacy system. I think Nintendo so is still stuck in the past. They should not relay on the reach content to compete with online stores of iOS and Android, Xbox Live for WP7, Xbox and computers.

They can sell blank the cartridge and you can download the retail games and placed the same on the SD card. I don’t like the idea of having an internal memory on the device.

In case the game is going to be available digitally then one will be able to access the game more easily. However there are people who use to play video game a lot are going to visit the store and purchase the physical copy of the video game. you will not be resell the game to any person or store itself. If you are having SD cards in order to store the game then you can carry cartridges. If the games are available digitally then it will be really easy to make piracy of the game.

It is up to the developer whether they are going to provide region locked feature or not. If they are going to provide the digital copy to download the game then I think they are going to earn lots of money through the online business.