Thread: Cannot start Nokia N9 after hard-reset

Cannot start Nokia N9 after hard-reset

I was having some problem with my Nokia and then I decided to do hard reset on that. I was doing this as on many of the sites, I say that this is the only final solution if none of the other solutions helps. I started with the hard-reset procedure on the phone and the phone get turned off automatically (this was a part of the procedure) but now this is not getting turned on. I am waiting for it from last 30 minutes but it is just showing me the round-arrow on the screen. Is there someone who has the same problem or know how to solve this then please let me know that.

Re: Cannot start Nokia N9 after hard-reset

I would like to tell you that in the hard reset procedure, there is one step where you will have to press and hold the power button and release that after 8 seconds until you get three vibrations on that. If you have skipped that step then you will have to just remove the battery from the phone and then reinsert that in the phone. Now again start with the hard reset.

Resetting your phone will bring all the settings to its default value. If you are facing problem to do that, just take out the battery from the phone and then restart the phone. Press and hold the power button for 8 seconds and this will start the reset process. Once that started then you will not have to do anything to that as it will do the rest of the things itself. See if this helps otherwise take that to the Nokia care and they will solve the problem for you.

There is very little chances for this but it is possible that the problem is due to the memory card of the phone. Just remove the memory card of the phone and after that try to do the hard reset to the phone. See if you are getting the same problem again? If it is due to the memory card then you will not get this issue again.

In some of the very rare cases, this takes more time. You must be patient and wait until it finishes the process. If you have many of the applications then the process will obviously going to take long time as expected.

It is always recommended to uninstall all the installed software on your phone and also keep the memory as free as possible. The more you have data on your phone, the more time it will take the finish the process. But now you don’t have any option other than waiting for the process to be finished but keep this thing in mind if you will do this to any other phone. This applies to all the phones in the same way.