Thread: Keyboard freezes on iphone 4s running iOS 5.0.1

Keyboard freezes on iphone 4s running iOS 5.0.1

Hi friends I have iPhone 4S and I have iOS 5.0.1 in my phone. I am having problem with the keyboard of the iPhone. Whenever I try to type something in my iPhone at that time keyboard freezes and then I have to restart the iPhone. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Keyboard freezes on iphone 4s running iOS 5.0.1

I have gone though the problem which you are facing with your iPhone 4s and first I will suggest you to troubleshoot this problem with the basic idea which is resetting the iPhone 4S. I know this is method of trouble shooting but in this type of problem it really helps. You have to press and hold home button and power on/off button for some seconds and when you see apple logo at that time leave the button and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

I don’t know whether this information will be helpful for you or not but similar thing happen with my iPad also and I have solved problem with following steps. First I have opened setting and after that I have tap on general. After that I have select keyboard option and then tapped on the international keyboards option. Now from there I have selected different keyboard layout and then I have tried to type and at that time keyboard was working fine. Now aft that I have open keyboard setting again and then set my default keyboard layout. I think you should try these steps with your iPhone 4s also.

Yes changing keyboard layout will be helpful for you to solve this problem. I think you should also try to fix this problem by changing keyboard layout and if that idea does not help you to fix this problem then try to reset the Iphone. If you need any more help then let me know.

I have tried to solve this problem by changing the keyboard setting in my iPhone 4s but after trying that also I was experiencing the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting my IPhone 4S which does not helped me to solve this problem. If anyone have any more solution regarding this then please let me know.

Any help will be appreciated.

My iPhone 4s was giving me same problem and i visited apple store and discussed about keyboard problem in my iPhone and after that they have replaced my iPhone 4s and I am not facing any problem with new Iphone. I think you should also visit apple store.