Thread: Nokia N8 symbian Belle firmware update has 360Panel app in it

Nokia N8 symbian Belle firmware update has 360Panel app in it

I just fail to understand what kind of app is that? Well I got this app from the recent firmware update and when I went to activate it shows that it is only for the participants of Nokia's end-user research and I don’t think so I am a part of it. Well the strange thing is that I am not even able to uninstall it as well, that’s what the problem is. Now I don’t understand why has the app come and what Is the use of that app, if anybody could throw some light on this then that would be better for me, that’s all I can say here.

Re: Nokia N8 symbian Belle firmware update has 360Panel app in it

Well even my state is much same as yours and frankly speaking even I am thinking how did that happen? How can a application which cannot be uninstalled enter our phone. I don’t know why does this nokia make such application which are of no use at all, I am just thinking if this app is for spying purposes or what?

Guys you know what even I am concerned with this problem and hence to take a step further I mailed the nokia support team about this issue and you will be surprised with the response that they gave me, they actually said that it is a pre installed application which was already there in the phone and pre installed apps cannot be removed. Plus they also went to the extent saying that we should not enter our details when it asks us to enter it. Now I am really concerned with this kind of answers from them and I want it to be immediately removed from my phone, I don’t know how they do this but I want this out from my phone, that’s it.

Well in some forums it has been reportedly said that it has been used for the collection of the data so that the nokia people can do some research on that, well that was the main motive why they have kept this app on their phone.

Hi, just let me know which is the firmware that you are using it for your phone, may be I can advise you if you should try updating the firmware or not.

Well I am using the firmware v111.030.0609 for my phone. I think so this is the latest firmware that I am having for the phone, do let me know if there is the latest firmware available or not? Do let me know about it.

Yes and in order to get rid of that app you need to update your phone again. Well one of my friend suggested to hard reset the phone so I did that, then I used Nokia Suite to reinstall the firmware. Now i got the same version of the firmware but yes the custom version did change definitely. It was 111.030.0609.C08.01. That is ok but the good news for me was that 360panel app was gone. So do go ahead with the same.