Thread: Bad experience with Google TV

Bad experience with Google TV

I really wanted to share my worst experience of Google TV with you all people present over here. And also wanted to aware and recommend those people who are planning to go for this device. Let me first tell you that I own this Sony Google TV from past 1 year but yet not a single day I have enjoyed it or had a positive experienced with it. Also after updating the version I was unable to see any difference with the issues. I am sure there must be many people who agree with me.

I really wanted to know your experience and also wanted to advice you all people not go for this product if you all are planning to buy it. Think twice or thrice if you really wanted to buy it. Positive comments and posts are also appreciated and welcome.

Re: Bad experience with Google TV

I guess I am the best person to describe the worst quality and functionality of this Google TV device. Let me tell you not one or two I truly had at least 4 to 5 issues with this product. Let me mention few of them here:

• Remote: The mouse was so frustrating that I was even unable to navigate
    • After updating it takes an hour to even open up an application
    • Multiple crashes in a single game
    • No support for Slingbox

Hey I think you have listed some of my problems too. Yes there are certain above mentioned issue which also occurs in my device too, one amongst them is the crashing issue.

You will not believe that I can’t even watch a movie or a football game completely without facing at least minimum 5 to 6 crashes. Crashing is bound to happen if I watch something on TV especially when plan to watch something important and serious. I am forced to turn on my other system and then keep the things for streaming which streamed properly.

Sorry dude but I do not agree with you all. You must have got a bad experience but I am seriously enjoying it and didn’t have a single problem yet. Lagging while scrolling through the websites can be one issue but still I do not consider it as an issue, those are minor things which cannot be taken as a problem. Also we should understand that no devices or a product is perfect so instead of pointing out the defect and negative issue why don’t you replace or return the product and keep going. Instead of gathering the so many issues you should have reported to the technical support at the time when you faced the first issue with the device, at least you would have got the product either repaired or replaced. I can show you thousands of people who had a Google TV and are really satisfied with it. Think practical my friend.

It isn’t really that bad. My brother already has it and he is enjoying it with all its features. I especially like the Google TV applications.

Anyhow I am surely planning to buy one. But I would better consult my friends and also other experts who can really guide me in getting it the best way. I am technically dumb, would have got some suggestion from my brother but he is not here with me right now. So please any one here who can help me out.

I would suggest not to go for this product, I purchased this device with a belief that it would be capable of streaming slingbox. But you know I was surprised to see that there was actually no support for slingbox. Getting frustrated with the device I replaced my Google TV device with a new Laptop and guess what its working fine and well. Now in this laptop i get full support of slingbox also I am not being blocked by any sites from streaming. Some crashes were experienced in the older device but now no shockwave crashes are encountered.

Anyways if you are planning to still go for a Google TV then I would strictly suggest you to go and get a sony blueray Google TV with the white remote which I feel is better than the revue. Heard that the applications are loaded too fast with this.

Let me tell you that shock wave crashes are due to site designers who are not optimizing their flash content for anything outside of a system. And also according to Google the issue is seem to be due to the OOM. Anyways I really like my Revue. And I also had a wish to get a Blu-Ray player as it would have given me certain aspects of Google TV.

If you want a Blu-Ray player you can go for NSZ-GT1, at least in that manner you will not be restricted to the lack of features on the Sony internet TV. You can purchase it separately with a better panel quality and features in a lower cost.