Thread: Logitech Mini Controller at cheaper rate on Best Buy

Logitech Mini Controller at cheaper rate on Best Buy

Hey friends need your help desperately. I am totally confused. People say that we get products or devices on Best Buy for reasonable price but not for cheaper rates. But now when I enquired about the Logitech Mini Controller they say it will come for $50 and not for $130.

I wanted to buy a Logitech mini controller but when I consulted my friends and many other people they said that I can get this device most probably at a rate of around $130 to $150. So definitely it should have cost around or at least $100 but when confirmed they said it’s coming for $50. Anyone there to confirm the news or is there anyone who bought this controller till now. Also if possible let me know you experience about this Logitech mini Controller.

Re: Logitech Mini Controller at cheaper rate on Best Buy

I guess you have mistaken my friend. I just now checked the best buy site and it’s still list the Logitech mini controller for $129.99. If you don’t believe me then even you can check out the site right now. But yes if you really wanted a Logitech controller at $50 then you can visit the local stores near my place.

For your kind information let me tell you that the guy is not lying or mistaken, it’s actually a fact. Yes, the Logitech mini controller was at $50 on Best Buy but not now. If you all are not aware then let me tell you that it was on sale for a long time in a bundle on Best Buy. But now unfortunately now you can’t get it as the product which were for sale are now out of stock and also they are done with the sale period.

In fact I am the one of them who purchased a mini controller for $50 at Best Buy recently. Hope at least now you all trust me.

I have one which I bought last week. Let me tell you, I truly enjoy some of its interesting factors which include its smaller size and backlight. Also I like the all of the controller’s Fn controls are anyhow much required.

But as usual I also have some problems with this controller, one of the major one I have is the inability to customized button for the remote. To specify the things let me tell you that I can’t activate the sleep timer on my TV at any time, especially at night when most of the time I sleeps without turning off my TV, quite annoying. The Logitech technical support people also know that we cannot customize some of the settings. Anyhow let’s wait and watch whether the future update comes up with some remedy for such problems and issues or not. Also I have seen this problem with many people who actually wanted to get some customized commands having a complete AVR, TV and Revue setup.

Even I bought this Logitech Mini Controller at Best Bay for $129 and not for $50. But I am sure it was not on sale when I bought it, otherwise I wouldn’t have got it so costly for $129. Anyhow I got it some 2 months ago. Also wanted to tell you that even I faced the problem many times while setting the sleep timer on my TV but on the same side I also came up with some solution and sorted out my issue.

I still customize the remote by going into the Revue settings menu and then I use my phone to activate the sleep timer. I know its quite depressing but still we can’t ignore the fact that it works.

You will never face any problem if you know to handle or control the remote properly the way it should be handled. For your kind information instead of clicking the one button on the stock Logitech remote you are suppose to hit the Function key along with other keys on your Mini Controller like you can say that if you want to get an access to the back button on the remote then you can only get the access only by pressing the Fn key supported by the delete key.

I normally use the Fn and Alt key in order to get the setting button but still the only one I really like and also use is the picture-in-picture which is activated by pressing FN and the Ctrl key.

But yes I personally do not prefer the Mini Controller. I believe that even this Mini Controller is same as the K700 keyboard and Harmony Remotes which all together comes in the category of not so impressive input devices. At least it should have some properties of taking few customized features from the Customize Controller Keys control panel. Recently two days ago when I connected my unify receiver into the Revue after unplugging it from my Sony TV, I noticed that the Fn combination keys were not working properly but the interesting part is that when I paired it directly to the Revue then it worked again smoothly.

I am completely confused with what you said. You mean to say that you had a USB unify receiver that was plugged into your Sony Box but then when you paired the Mini back to your revue directly your customized keys worked. How it is possible? And if it’s really possible then how come Logitech didn’t mention about such thing till now from the time they are known for their remotes. Sounds quite strange but you know I have just now setup a Mini with my Revue but not yet removed the receiver out of the box, just because I wanted to make myself clear with regards to all the aspects.