Thread: Next Generation Google TV updates for Logitech Revue

Next Generation Google TV updates for Logitech Revue

Now here’s good news for the Logitech revue owners. If anyone here is not aware about this then let me tell you that if you are a revue owner then you can easily get an access to all those stuffs that comes along with the Google TV latest updates i.e. Android Market.

Yes there have been a news that the next generation Google TV along has came up with the latest android update 3.1 which will be pushed out in the market to the Logitech Revue devices. Even if Logitech is not planning to move forward with any new Google TV plans but they still have a will to retain their customers, which I feel is a good sign for its followers.

Also in order to get this latest update you need have to do much, rather you just have to turn on your device then connect it to the web and then accept the updates that pops-up on your screen.

Re: Next Generation Google TV updates for Logitech Revue

The actual formal announcement was made on December 7, 2011 which stated that free software update of the Android 3.1 platform to Logitech Revue with Google TV will be delivering within the next 7 to 10 days; these 7 days were actually counted from the date of announcement.

They also made an announcement about how an existing user can reach to the updates and download it in their product. For the existing customers; they just have to turn on and connected to the Web, and accept the update that pops up onto your TV screen. Not only the existing one but also the new customers can get this new version as soon as they get activated with the product.

The best thing is that Logitech covers the most interesting feature which personally impressed me a lot, i.e. the Google Chrome browser. It allows getting an easy way of accessing and discovering the required and much need contents present in a huge and wide entertainment options. We can easily watch those contents in Logitech Revue, the Google chrome not only allows us to have a full search capability but also give us a full keyboard navigation and support for Adobe Flash player version 10.2.

I guess they mentioned some of the main interesting and key features such as faster and more comprehensive search and browse capabilities, then improved Logitech Media Player. But the most important feature which according to me is going to be more interesting is the access to the android market thought this product. The Logitech Revue getting an access to the Android market has bought the maximum possibilities for the user to view and get more and more useful and new application all the time. One of the applications includes new Google Music app which can undoubtedly make your Logitech Revue a fastest growing entertainment Hub that too just being at your own place.

They also said that they will be releasing 50 new android applications that will be optimized for the HDTV at the time of Launching. And also there is expectation for the number of application to increase with the increase in demands.

Got the updates recently, in simple language i loved it. Especially the browser, the browser is very much faster and also much more stable. I installed lots of applications and games till now without facing any inconvenience or problem. but yes if asked me about the application then I would say that they didn’t impressed a lot and also they failed to get my interest and attention towards them.

Maybe the features are more interesting and impressive but it hasn’t impressed me yet. I got the upgrade yesterday morning. Not yet accessed anything yet as I am a new user of Google TV and also not much aware of its technical aspects. In fact I am not even aware about this older versions technical aspect which according to me was too difficult for me.

But when my brother tried this latest upgrade he said that this latest version have no more recent or most visited or bookmarks at the bottom of the homepage, instead it has the icons for netflix, youtube, apps, and other applications. He also downloaded certain few games from android market, amongst them some few of them didn’t work yet and rest others worked smoothly. Also the downloading was faster and smooth. “Credit goes to Google Chrome” he says. But if asked me then I would surely say that the new version makes me feel the same as the old stuff which according to me is presented in a much different way.

I and my wife already own their respective revue since 6 months and recently got the updates too. But let me tell you my wife is not at all impressed with this new updates as she complains that its far too slower than the older update. This latest upgrade didn’t really impress her and now she wanted to switch back to the older one as she prefers the older version a lot.

As from my side I have not yet faced any issue till now and also I am very much satisfied with this update. Will have to look out for some alternative for my wife’s issue.

I am quite surprised to see that this improved software is out and running and its sales have been increasing like a fire. Not only with the sales but also the improve which all the users have faced till now with this updates is positive and acceptable with least negative feedback.

I would request all the customers and users to have their comments and feedback which are very much important for the developer so that they can incorporate the features and improvement with the next version of the Logitech Revue.