Thread: BBC iPlayer clips unplayable in Nokia N8(Symbian Anna)

BBC iPlayer clips unplayable in Nokia N8(Symbian Anna)

Hello everyone just want to say that these iClips are not playable in this phone, that’s what I want to say here. I don’t know why these symbian people are so least responsible for things like these. That’s the reason why android d is going much ahead from them. They should surely think of some alternatives that will solve out the issue for us. That’s all I can say here. Anyways do you all have some way by which you would be able to play these clips in your phone, if you all have some replies then do tell me about the same that would be better. So that’s what I can say.

sad Re: BBC iPlayer clips unplayable in Nokia N8(Symbian Anna)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkut View Post
    Hello everyone just want to say that these iClips are not playable in this phone, that’s what I want to say here. I don’t know why these symbian people are so least responsible for things like these. That’s the reason why android d is going much ahead from them. They should surely think of some alternatives that will solve out the issue for us. That’s all I can say here. Anyways do you all have some way by which you would be able to play these clips in your phone, if you all have some replies then do tell me about the same that would be better. So that’s what I can say.
    Yes the same is the case with me as well I tried all the procedures such as updating the firmware, tried playing with some other players but none of them is working for me. Don’t know what can be the reason behind the same. Can you all please tell me what could have gone wrong? One of my friend did say that Symbian Anna actually does not support such kind of clips at all. That’s what I have been told to. Don’t know what is the way out for this problem?

Re: BBC iPlayer clips unplayable in Nokia N8(Symbian Anna)

When I had got the phone I had a pre installed widget in the phone for the BBC iPlayer. Now after having updated to the symbian anna the support has been gone. The belle update has not yet come for this phone lets see if it is supported or not on belle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-ja-min View Post
    Yes the same is the case with me as well I tried all the procedures such as updating the firmware, tried playing with some other players but none of them is working for me. Don’t know what can be the reason behind the same. Can you all please tell me what could have gone wrong? One of my friend did say that Symbian Anna actually does not support such kind of clips at all. That’s what I have been told to. Don’t know what is the way out for this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    When I had got the phone I had a pre installed widget in the phone for the BBC iPlayer. Now after having updated to the symbian anna the support has been gone. The belle update has not yet come for this phone lets see if it is supported or not on belle.
    I have got a alternate for you all, well what I did was I downloaded the mobile version on my pc played a while on WMP for sometimes so that I could acquire the licenses, after I have obtained that licnece then I dragged and dropped it to the phone from my pc and it is working fine. Though it is a bit tedious work but that’s absolutely ok for me.

idea Re: BBC iPlayer clips unplayable in Nokia N8(Symbian Anna)

The issue would be surely fixed by installing an update component for BBC iPlayer. Go to menu and then applications check out for the software update. If you find any update for the BBC iPlayer then do install it. Hope this issues gets solved.

I had a talk with the nokia support team about the same and the reply that I got from them is that they are aware of the issue and they have forwarded my mail to the technical department and they are looking at it. So that’s what the mail that I got from them.

Guys you will be happy after listening to this here I have got an attachment for you all, if you want you can download this attachment and this surely works in both symbian belle and symbian anna as well. so that’s what I want to say here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dude you all will not believe it does work, I would ask each and everyone of you all to download this attachment and I am sure it will be of enormous use for you all. My bbc iPlayer is working fine as of now.