Thread: Is it possible to convert Alcatel OT-606a to work on 900Mhz?

Is it possible to convert Alcatel OT-606a to work on 900Mhz?

I am thinking to do these conversion for my phone but I am skeptic as if it will work or not with the 900MHz, any software or hardware changes that you would like to suggest me then do suggest me that would be of great help for me.

I have asked this question in several forums but I was not able to get the answer for this anywhere, hope you will be able to help me. Please suggest something.

Re: Is it possible to convert Alcatel OT-606a to work on 900Mhz?

Quote Originally Posted by $Lola$ View Post
    I am thinking to do these conversion for my phone but I am skeptic as if it will work or not with the 900MHz, any software or hardware changes that you would like to suggest me then do suggest me that would be of great help for me.

I have asked this question in several forums but I was not able to get the answer for this anywhere, hope you will be able to help me. Please suggest something.
    I don’t know if it will work out or not but flashing the firmware with POLAR BOX2 tool would be a nice option for you. See I am not sure if it will work or not. You will have to try it on your own risk and then see if it is working or not. Mostly it should work out for you that’s what I can say all.

I am sorry if I am being negative over here but sorry I don’t think so that would be possible at all, since different phones work in different frequency and also there are different models available. That’s why you can see a different model classification of ot606a and ot606. I hope you did get what I am talking about over here.

Dude you are correct you can very well flash it with the polar box support, yes a small amount of hardware modification would be required to make that changes. Take small knife cut the shield near to antenna connector, open it by de soldering it then after that you need to pull out the SAW filter jumper with capacitor. That’s what you should be doing. I hope this does helps you to some extent. Go ahead dude don’t worry about the consequences I am here to help you if there is any other problem.