Thread: Lenovo Q180 high CPU usage

Lenovo Q180 high CPU usage

Hey I bought the world’s smallest desktop two days ago. It looks great and trusts me the multimedia remote with keyboard the best think I liked in it, especially the comfort and functionality are great.

But anyways if we I talk about the internal system then I doubt the CPU. I am not completely satisfied with the internal system as compared to its external infrastructure and look. Recently yesterday I noticed an issue with my CPU usage. I noticed that the CPU usage in my Task Manager was at its high level, most of the time it keep roaming around 45 to 50% most of the time in the Windows 7 task manager no matter you use multiple application or leave the system as it is.

Is there anyone else having this Q180 system and also facing such problem?

Re: Lenovo Q180 high CPU usage

Yes I had this problem with my system too. I was very much depressed with the high percentage of CPU usage I was encountering but anyhow I was able to fix this issue.

Actually the problem in my system was with the Realtek Ethernet drivers which were interrupting a lot. I just went into the control panel and disabled the device, after that I removed the entire existing driver and re-installed them with the help of the Lenovo support site. After doing so all the interruptions are completely eliminated and my CPU usage is 0%. That quite cool I guess.

Re: Lenovo Q180 high CPU usage

You can make a test if possible, just do as I say:

• Click Start
    • Run
    • Type msconfig
    • Startup
    • Disable all
    • Reboot

By doing this you have disabled all the programs that actually use to starts every time along with you system. Now open the Task Manager and note down the CPU usage, I am sure the CPU usage has been dropped down.

After you disabling all programs and rebooting the system make sure that you do not visit unknown site or download unknown things as you have also disabled the firewall and antivirus. After doing this please let me know the result.