Thread: Multiple DVDs are required to create a recovery disk for Lenovo K330

Multiple DVDs are required to create a recovery disk for Lenovo K330

I have been using my Lenovo K330 system from past 6 months, now recently 2 days ago I decided to make a recovery disk using a Lenovo utility. I know that for making a recovery disk it ask for multiple DVDs but I was shocked to see that it requested for total 32 DVDs in all in order to make a recovery disk. I seriously don’t have any idea why it asked so, but I am sure 32 DVDs is not the exact number which is required for the recovery disk operation. I know that this procedure would create a installable Windows 7 OEM specified to my K330 configuration.

Anyone know about this issue or facing the similar kind of problem while making a recovery disk?

Re: Multiple DVDs are required to create a recovery disk for Lenovo K330

It’s obvious if you try to take a backup to a DVD and if the backup is almost of a huge size of what you have occupied in your system of 150GB then definitely it will take lot of DVDs in order to create a recovery disk.

And I also would like to tell you that the backup process has nothing to do with making a product recovery media. The product recovery media just creates the discs; they can also be bought from Lenovo, for eg. OS, Drivers & Apps & a start up disc.

Let me tell you one thing, I guess you have mistaken me. i wasn’t trying to create or save a system backup to the DVD as you said, it’s actually I was trying to execute the "Create Recovery Disk" tool from Lenovo. Exactly at that moment I noticed that this operation will require almost 31 or 32 odd number of DVDs to complete the process. When I looked into the tool description it said “create bootable disks from system backup of factory defaults image” but the problem is that it doesn’t allow me to choose the Factory default option. It will be really thankful if I get the perfect alternative solution for this cause.

Can anyone tell me whether windows 7 HP, some application and few drivers require so many discs?

Sounds quite strange to hear that you system ask 32 DVDs for a simple recovery. If actually you see it should only ask for not more than 3 or 4 discs or maximum 5 discs but not more than that. And if you go for CDs then it should ask for 7 to 8 CDs in an optimum case.

I did it number of times and successfully done it. The OEM partition in my system according to the Windows disk Manager takes 25.07GB.