Thread: Removing and replacing IC from motherboard of iPhone

Removing and replacing IC from motherboard of iPhone

It would be a great deal if you all can share this piece of knowledge with us, that’s what I want to say here. so do you all know anything about it then do tell me. That’s what I want to say here. also let me know the temperatures and also the time that I need to keep in mind when I am replacing the IC. So anyone who has good knowledge about it then do tell me.

It would be of great help for me.

Re: Removing and replacing IC from motherboard of iPhone

I suppose you are having the iPhone 4. Ok then in that repair the audiomic and reflowing it 210 C for 20 seconds I think that would be of great help for you. Though it’s a bit difficult task I would recommend you to give a try. Do let me know if that works for you or not.

Why to try that task I don’t guarantee a 100% result at all, that’s for sure. Reflowing is a very difficult task reball the ic that would be a perfect solution for you. So do go ahead with that solution and let me know if that helped you or not.

ohmy Re: Removing and replacing IC from motherboard of iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    I suppose you are having the iPhone 4. Ok then in that repair the audiomic and reflowing it 210 C for 20 seconds I think that would be of great help for you. Though it’s a bit difficult task I would recommend you to give a try. Do let me know if that works for you or not.
    Don’t you think that will ruin the chip at 200 degress, I think that is a very high temperature and in the process it is surely going to hurt the chip, don’t you think so?

I am a bit concerned about this process and hece that’s why I am thinking to go with the reball process but the problems is that I don’t knopw how to do that and it would be of great help if you all can tell me how to do that.

No dude that would not be a problem at all. You need 200 c to preheat the logic board, then 200 c to reflow the wifi module. Now in majority of the cases it does gets fixed but in some rare cases it does not. So what you have to do is reball the wifi module by cleaning up the board of glued and then mount reballed ic on board again, now check if that solves the issue or not. Do work ok and revert me back on this.