Thread: Grey wifi on water damaged iPhone 4

Grey wifi on water damaged iPhone 4

Has anybody else faced this problem. Guys I have come here to ask some solutions for this problem. My phone accidentally slipped into the water, removed it and tried to dry it and luckily everything is working fine except the wifi. I have tried some solutions from my side like

replaced battery
    clean board
    heat on wifi chip
    reball power ic
    reset network

but none of them have given me any kind of results at all. I suppose you will help me with the same. can you all please tell me if there is some solution or not.

Re: Grey wifi on water damaged iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    Has anybody else faced this problem. Guys I have come here to ask some solutions for this problem. My phone accidentally slipped into the water, removed it and tried to dry it and luckily everything is working fine except the wifi. I have tried some solutions from my side like

replaced battery
    clean board
    heat on wifi chip
    reball power ic
    reset network

but none of them have given me any kind of results at all. I suppose you will help me with the same. can you all please tell me if there is some solution or not.
    I don’t think so any of the above given solutions will work for you. Be it a restore or any software I don’t think so any of them would be working for you. So that’s what my opinion is over here. I hope you did understand what I have said here.

Lucky you that the phone is in working condition, deal with it.

I am quite sure that your phones GPS would also be damaged that’s what I know, now why I am saying this is because the antenna is placed at the bottom of the phone and if wifi is suffering I am sure that even gps would also be suffering.

As far as the solution goes I would ask you to check the antenna of the phone which is placed at the bottom of the phone, if it is making a proper contact with the phone or not. Just a caution, if you are expert in dissembling stuff then only go with such kind of work. Otherwise I wouldn’t advise you.

Why don’t you replace the phone I think that would be a good option to go with. If you are thinking about the replacement of the damaged phone then let me tell you that apple people do give an replacement of the phone. If you give them the damaged iPhone to apple they can do an out of warranty replacement for $200. That’s what you can do. Otherwise there is no option shell out $600 and get a new one. Final decision is yours.

If nothing is working for you then do check out which components are damaged in the phone and if you happened to find them then try replacing them one by one. Now I don’t know how will you get it but give a try, that’s all I can say here.