Thread: How can i use wireless internet on Wii if my router is unavailable in the Nintendo list?

How can i use wireless internet on Wii if my router is unavailable in the Nintendo list?

Hey, i want to connect my wii to wireless internet router but when i search for my router in the Nintendo list, it doesn’t show my router in it! How am i supposed to connect my wii to wireless router? Please help me connecting my wii to router!

Re: How can i use wireless internet on Wii if my router is unavailable in the Nintendo list?

The list that you are looking at has all the routers that Nintendo has checked and confirmed to work with. It may be possible that they have not updated their list of compatible routers to work with their Nintendo products. So try adding your router to it may be you can get lucky. You can never know unless you try it. Make sure that you have disabled the WPA security.

Re: How can i use wireless internet on Wii if my router is unavailable in the Nintendo list?

You will only need WPA security if you want to connect a wii. If you have Nintendo DS or 3DS then you will not need any WPA security for playing DS games on it. You can have connect with Nintendo’s network with whatever network you have at home and with any router that you are using at home.

Why keep referring to their list of compatible router and fell bad if your router is not present in their list? It is really not useful to search that list. You can always use the WEP encryption technique for connecting to your router. You can refer to the instruction manual provided by the Nintendo for configuring your router. If that doesn’t help you then use can make use of Web GUI or Telnet.