Thread: Wii remote working when its sensor is held backward

Wii remote working when its sensor is held backward

I have just bought my new wii system and have only used for couple of times. My batteries from controller were gone empty and i had to change them. After changing them, i had to hold my controller in opposite side to get the cursor moving on the display. Even after this my curser flickers randomly. I have tried making a sync with wii and the controller remote but that have not helped me yet. I have again tried putting the new batteries but it is not working properly. I don’t know how it is working from back side when it has sensor on the front?

Re: Wii remote working when its sensor is held backward

Are you sure you are holding it in correct direction. There are 3 LED lights on the sensor bar, make sure that they all are glowing if any one of them is off then it means that your sensor bar is having some sort of hardware problem and it needs to be replaced. Are you sure you are using licensed device? You better check your device as i have never heard of this happening before. There must be some malfunctioning in your device.

How can you use your remote from backside ? This is impossible! This remote has the sensor on the front and it will only work if you point in the direction of sensor bar to have any motion detected. If you are pointing the sensor of remote at your side then it will not be detected with sensor bar resulting in no motion on the display.Is there anything that will reflect the rays from remote to the sensor bar? It may be possible if there is any reflective surface near you. Or else i can just say that you have bad sensor in your remote.

Yes this is the case with me also. I have to hold the remote in such way that remote is at one side of my body and its end is facing the sensor bar. It doesn’t work if hold it very straight with remote pointing at the sensor bar. i am going to note down in which particular position it works and then report it to the Nintendo service center.