Thread: Does Nokia Belle support EAP-PEAP authentication without server certificate

Does Nokia Belle support EAP-PEAP authentication without server certificate

It is still a sad thing that Symbian Phones does not support for EAP-PEAP authentication without server Certificates. When symbian Ann was released I asked the same question and didn’t get any reply from the Nokia side.

Nokia N8 is open for everyone but still why nokia not worried about this small matter?

Nowadays Windows phone 7 rolling the market place and Nokia brought it as Nokia Lumia series phones. If the problem still exists in these phones, then I would be very much surprised.

Re: Does Nokia Belle support EAP-PEAP authentication without server certificate

I have seen the issue in Nokia phones and the poor thing is it is still not fixed. In this case the iPhone works well and can connect to the server without the authentication of server certificate. I don’t know why Nokia still does not care about this simple problem and really unbelievable. I am using the nokia N8 and I cannot connect it in my work place and I don’t want to change the phone. Really helpless here.

I am really hoping for the fix from the Nokia side. Really I don’t know about the Nokia belle but they didn’t fix it in Windows phone 7 i.e. Nokia Lumia. In my case the problem is I no longer able to connect to the EDUROAM at my University. There is a free data connection for me but still wifi connection is better and faster when I am inside the university when connection goes down to 2G

Many users agree that Nokia smartphones are lacking in EAP-TTLS + PAP authentication and this issue seriously cripples wifi networks access and connectivity. I know that Nokia should fix this as soon as possible but no matter how there is still no reason why Nokia is waiting for to fix this. I tried to connect my enterprise network with new Nokia 700, or the N8 or E7 but none of them able to connect. The network also EAP-TTLS + PAP authentication but it wasn’t used for Eduroam

I think that this issue has been fixed in Nokia belle but I am not sure about that since many users didn’t updated to symbain belle yet. The nokia previously refused to fix it but now after several request from users they might have implemented EAP-PEAP support. Otherwise nokia really doesn’t care about it. As far as I know that several servers with certificate also allow connecting initially and no need to authenticate. But the phone must allow it do so.