Thread: WiFi signal get’s locked up after Acer Iconia Tab A200 goes in to sleep mode

WiFi signal get’s locked up after Acer Iconia Tab A200 goes in to sleep mode

I have recently bought Acer Iconia Tab A200 and this is my first android table and it is working just great but then today I have found that when the tablet is going in to the sleep mode and after that when I turn it on and try to use the wifi then the signal appears as if it has locked up, when I check in the settings then it displays that it is still connected but then it does not work as there is not signal, I have been trying out rebooting the tablet as that’s the only solution that I have found to be working, is there any other thing that I can try out to resolve the issue??

Re: WiFi signal get’s locked up after Acer Iconia Tab A200 goes in to sleep mode

I have recently bought Acer Iconia Tab A200 and this is my first android table and it is working just great but then today I have found that when the tablet is going in to the sleep mode and after that when I turn it on and try to use the wifi then the signal appears as if it has locked up, when I check in the settings then it displays that it is still connected but then it does not work as there is not signal, I have been trying out rebooting the tablet as that’s the only solution that I have found to be working, is there any other thing that I can try out to resolve the issue??
    I have been facing the same but then I have not yet found a solution for it, I have been trying out the same rebooting method as after that things gets fine, I was willing to apply for the replacement but then I just wanted to know should I wait for the ICS update as I have found a no of people mentioning that the ics update will be fixing out many issues that have been raised?? Or I should better go for the replacement??

Re: WiFi signal get’s locked up after Acer Iconia Tab A200 goes in to sleep mode

As far as I am aware I don’t think that this issue is will be fixed in the ICS update as your case seems to be with the router DHCP lease issue, If you want then you can try out another solution to avoid this issue and in order to do so just go in to the browser setting and check out the wifi policy and just set it to never sleep, Hope that helps.

I have tried out the same but then it is not helping me out, the same issue comes up when I manually turn off/lock the screen, I was just going through the setting and I have found one setting in the WiFi Disconnect Policy screen which says “disconnect the WiFi when the screen is turned off” but then I have not tried out the same and wanted to know that how does it work, I mean that will I have to wait for more time to get the connection done after I unlock the screen and so, do you have an idea about this, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

No it won’t be taking longer time to reconnect, it will just take some seconds and this will help you out in saving battery as well as the wireless won’t be running all the time, just check it out and then let me know what you get.