Thread: Unable to install wireless device in Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 running windows 7

Unable to install wireless device in Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 running windows 7

I am experiencing problem with installing wireless device In my Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 laptop. I have downloaded the drivers from the official site of the Lenovo and after installing those drivers also device manger shows "unknown Network Device". What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to install wireless device in Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 running windows 7

As far as I know the laptop which you are using have ThinkPad wireless LAN and that is why you have to install ThinkPad Wireless LAN drivers, first you have to uninstall the drivers which you have already installed in your Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 laptop and after doing that you have to restart the your laptop and then delete all the temporary file from your laptop. Now after that you have to install ThinkPad wireless drivers. After installing that in your laptop you will not face any problem.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you

Re: Unable to install wireless device in Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14 running windows 7

Yes installing ThinkPad wireless drivers in your laptop will fix this issue. You will need to install Hotkey Features Integration software also in your laptop and you can download Hotkey Features Integration software from here DOWNLOAD.

Thank you for helping me and providing this information to me. After referring your solution I have downloaded ThinkPad wireless drivers in my laptop and then I have also installed Hotkey Features Integration software. Now after installing that wireless started working but when I connect it with my home network after that it gets disconnect randomly. How to solve this problem?

This problem is occurring because in power options are enabled in the power management of the wireless adapter. You have to open device manager and then right click on wireless adapter. Now you have to select properties and then select power management tab. After that you have to uncheck power options and then click on OK. After trying this solution your problem will get solved.