Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet touchscreen stop working

Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet touchscreen stop working

I have just recently bought the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 which work perfectly fine but the touch screen stop working and the button under the screen and the fingerprint also was not working . I did replaced the LCD wire but still have this problem . there is nothing on the button under the screen works except the power button . my operating sysem is window 7 .i did all the update .can anyone there help me on this I would be really appreciating this
    Thanks in advance

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet touchscreen stop working

I think the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet is not the touch screen model. Its works with the tablet pen. Although the screen itself isn’t the touch sensitive. Look kike the there may be a short in the wire that runs on the LCD.

May be it the fuse that I been went out , this is why you are facing this problem you will find the fuse on the board where the Fxx is printed it looks similar to the X-60 fuse see if the fuses on the system board well? The fuse is located on the system board next to the fuses you will find the fuse's "name" called "Fxx" where the xx will be some number like F3 or F21 . take help of the magnifier glass if needed it’s on the top side calculate the resistance among both silvered ends of the fuse. The fuses related to the display will be near the display connector

Thanks for the reply but I m tring to find the position of the fuse that you are talking abut but not able to find it so is there anyone here can help me to find it and also I need to know how can I make out whether the fuse is good or bad

The fuse on the different model are different and all are numbered from 1 to 10. I have this T61t form 2 month and I never opened it for any reason so I don’t know where actually the fuse would be but if you found it measure the resistance between the two soldered and if it is 0 then the fuse is working fine and if its 1 or above that means the fuse damaged A new fuse can soldered onto the previous one although it have to have the same Ampere-value.