Thread: Lenovo T500 ThinkPad’s Bluetooth is unable to connect to any bluetooth device

Lenovo T500 ThinkPad’s Bluetooth is unable to connect to any bluetooth device

I have recently purchased Lenovo T500 and it works on Win 7 Ultimate 64. I have found that it does not connect with any Bluetooth device. I have Motorola K800 headset and Microsoft Mobile 6000 keyboard and I tried to connect it with Bluetooth but I was failed to do so. I have tried the headset and the keyboard with other computer and I have found they work on other computers. What should I do?? Any help relevant to this topic will be accepted. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lenovo T500 ThinkPad’s Bluetooth is unable to connect to any bluetooth device

Dear friend have you installed the Lenovo drivers properly??? You should verify that the Bluetooth radio is enabled. And also see that the LED indicator is on. You can press FN+F5 and you will find that the Bluetooth is on or off.

Re: Lenovo T500 ThinkPad’s Bluetooth is unable to connect to any bluetooth device

Yes dude I have installed the Lenovo drivers properly. I have Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate version 6.3.5.430. I have properly verified about the Bluetooth radio and the LED indicator. I have not got any warnings in the device manager. I click on “Add a device” but it states that no device is found. I have also tried using my friend’s Belkin USB Bluetooth dongle that connects the keyboard to another computer. But it also does not connect with my thinkpad. Kindly help.

I will suggest you to check that Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator correctly appears in Windows Device Manager. I think the Bluetooth has been blocked due to some reason. You should entirely disable Symantec Endpoint and make sure network discovery is enabled and after that see whether it is working or not. If still it is unable to connect with Bluetooth device then you should give your ThinkPad for repairing in the Lenovo official store.

You should follow the process to solve your solution:

• Initially you should test your ThinkPad to see the connections and the discovery are enabled or not
    • Click on ThinkVantage Toolbox>>Diagnostics>>Test a Device>>Communications>>Bluetooth port>>Run test
    • Enable your Bluetooth to BIOS
    • Press FN+F5 to enable Bluetooth radion
    • Check whether it is connecting with other devices or not. I hope it will help you. Give me your feedback