Thread: Fan error message in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Arrow Fan error message in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T400 from more than one year. I love my Lenovo ThinkPad. The performance of this ThinkPad is very nice. But now I am having problem with this ThinkPad. My T400 gives fan error message while booting. What is the solution for this problem? Does anyone know how to solve this? Please help

Re: Fan error message in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I am having very similar problem with my T400. Yesterday I tried to boot my ThinkPad during booting of this ThinkPad I got fan error message. Fan turns of automatically after some time. This is very annoying. I try to boot my ThinkPad several times so I reconnect my fan but this not helps me. Now I am frustrated because of this problem. If anyone got a solution please share here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayize View Post
    I am having very similar problem with my T400. Yesterday I tried to boot my ThinkPad during booting of this ThinkPad I got fan error message. Fan turns of automatically after some time. This is very annoying. I try to boot my ThinkPad several times so I reconnect my fan but this not helps me. Now I am frustrated because of this problem. If anyone got a solution please share here.
    I think this is problem of fan. If you are under warranty period then ask for the replacement of fan or you need to order new fan. After purchasing new fan install it as per hardware manual. Then try to boot your ThinkPad. I hope this solution will work for you. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    I think this is problem of fan. If you are under warranty period then ask for the replacement of fan or you need to order new fan. After purchasing new fan install it as per hardware manual. Then try to boot your ThinkPad. I hope this solution will work for you. Best of luck.
    Thank you very much for the solution. But this solution doesn’t work for me. When I again try to boot my ThinkPad same error message displayed. I purchase a new fan and install it my ThinkPad without hardware manual. I am not having hardware manual. Is this the problem of my ThinkPad? Where from I can download the user manual? Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Ayize View Post
    Thank you very much for the solution. But this solution doesn’t work for me. When I again try to boot my ThinkPad same error message displayed. I purchase a new fan and install it my ThinkPad without hardware manual. I am not having hardware manual. Is this the problem of my ThinkPad? Where from I can download the user manual? Please help me
    You may have made mistake during installation of fan. Hardware manual is very important for installing fan in ThinkPad. This hardware manual contains all the instructions that must be followed during installation of the fan in ThinkPad. You can download this manual from Lenovo official site. Download this manual and install fan in your ThinkPad as per instructions. Or contact to Customer support of the Lenovo.