Thread: Windows phone 7 OS needs another home screen

Windows phone 7 OS needs another home screen

I guess my windows phone desperately need a 2nd home screen or hub. The first reason is the existing home screen looks too ugly and the other major reason is that as I download more application, the home screen gets junked up and for that reason I am forced to rearrange all the things again and again. Its better if we get a hub that will possibly put multiple tiles in that show push notifications.

I have seen there are other OS who are having multiple home screens and also they works great then why not windows phone 7 have at least one extra?

Re: Windows phone 7 OS needs another home screen

I think this issue has been already been discussed many times. But yet many people agree that the notification thing irritates a lot. There is lots of application present in my phone which uses notifications on my home screen but I do not have them at the top of the screen together.

So for that reason I am always suppose to check my whole home screen to make sure that there are no notifications from the current application.

Hey who says that there is only one home screen in windows phone. This phone too have unlimited home screens same as other android phones or iPhone. The only difference is that in windows phone the home screen changes by going up and down where as in other phones it goes side by side. And if you really wanted to get a split home screen and wanted to use it then you can go for an application that could easily do it.

I would suggest you an application called New Group. It is actually a tile which is used to separate the application. Not only this but also you can leave it blank by creating an illusion of blank space. Either it will be black or else it will be white in order to match the color of the background.

I don’t understand why windows phone always go slower than other OS. The case is always the same no matter with respect to the application or the design, WP7 is always slow and below than other OS. Changing and going to the multiple homescreen has already been implemented in Android and other OS.

I think the notifications should go at place that contains the information regarding the notifications waiting and they should only appear on your screen when you unlock the phone. As we most probably do now swiping the master toasts to the right should easily dismiss all the other toasts which we do not want in the view list.

I would suggest you an application called New Group. It is actually a tile which is used to separate the application. Not only this but also you can leave it blank by creating an illusion of blank space. Either it will be black or else it will be white in order to match the color of the background.
    New Group application according to me is not so impress but yes a decent one if you really need it for an average use. I have it and I made a vehicle home screen with it.

The real problem with that application is that the display of the tile keeps on increasing and getting longer as we keep on increasing more and more applications to it. The only thing we need to do is to reconfigure the groups that were made, as many as applications are added in it.