Thread: It says Windows Live ID service is unavailable when try to update apps in Windows Phone 7

It says Windows Live ID service is unavailable when try to update apps in Windows Phone 7

I bought a new windows phone 7 yesterday. The first and the only thing I tried in this phone till now is using the Map application which showed me an error “The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later”. Believing that there must be some problem with the updates of the apps I tried to update that app which again showed me the same error which I got while opening the Map even this error stated the same thing “The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later”.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Also let me know what exactly this error mean.

re: It says Windows Live ID service is unavailable when try to update apps in Windows Phone 7

Hey I have a Focus with a mango update. now the problem is that whenever I try to open any application it tells me to get the latest update for that application and when I try to get the update it gives me an error message same as the above mentioned error saying that “The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later”. Believing that this must be something to do with my Live account, I logged into my Live account from my PC and what came to my notice was that my Live account has been blocked by someone. Still unaware about the reason for my account getting block, I am completely helpless.

But I am sure that at least in my case the error messages which I get while updating the apps is due to my live account issue.

re: It says Windows Live ID service is unavailable when try to update apps in Windows Phone 7

Yes you are right the core reason for the application update error message issue is you live account. Not only in your case but also in all the case where you find such specific errors.

Just make sure that you first delete your Live account and then reboot your phone, after rebooting just re-enter all your information and then try the application updating process. Also make sure that before rebooting you pull out the battery and re-insert it inside the phone. Let me know the result

It doesn’t make any difference. Everything is the same as before. First I tried to reboot my phone simply without doing anything which didn’t make any difference than later on I followed the instruction exactly as mentioned above but that too doesn’t seems to make any improvement. Still the same error message while opening and update the application. Is there not any other solution for getting rid of this issue? Do you really thing the issue is with the Live account I am having or else we are just we are just breaking our head by pointing out the faults in the account.

Do you really thing the issue is with the Live account I am having or else we are just we are just breaking our head by pointing out the faults in the account.
    Yes the solution provided to you is somewhat partially right and partially wrong too. The issue is exactly due to the live account present in your phone; there is no doubt in that. But the solution provided to you is completely wrong and it’s not going to work anyhow.
    In order to get rid of this issue what you need to do is to just change the password of you Live account or just re-enter the password in it, that’s all. Now try to do the thing which were upraising the errors and let me know the result.

And remember you need not have to reboot or restart the phone for any reason, its just a minor issue so can be resolved without any hardware function involvement.

Re: It says Windows Live ID service is unavailable when try to update apps in Windows Phone 7

I am using a Samsung Focus S, which is an AT&T phone but I bought it unlocked on eBay. I am attempting to use it on an AT&T mvno, NET10 (the same company provides Tracfone/Straight Talk). I have a new NET10 sim card as instructed by NET10 and activated it approx. 4 hrs ago, and have inserted it. It makes and receives calls, txts, and can browse the internet and get my email. But It cannot download apps from the marketplace (including the Samsung Zone app "Wireless Manager") nor can I sign into XBOX live or send/receive picture messages. Oddly enough I also cannot use the Bing Search funstion from pressing the search button, but I can use the Bing website through Internet Explorer on the phone.

Model SAMSUNG SGH-i937
    Windows Phone 7.5
    Wifi off
    Data connection On
    APN att.mvno
    User Name (left blank)
    Password (left blank)
    Proxy Server/URL proxy.mvno.tracfone.com (as indicated in the NET10 activation instructions)
    Proxy Port 80
    The APN settings screen doesnt have spaces for Name, MMSC, MMS Proxy, or MMS Port settings

I have tried changing my Windows Live password, but when I sync it doesnt even ask for the new password, but still works. I put the new password into the email settings just to be sure. I have power cycled my phone mutliple times , and have done a factory reset and put everything in again with no change. I even tried putting "NET10" into the user name field (since there is no "name" field). I don't have WiFi available in my home, but I am in an urban area and can go to a Starbucks or something if necessary. I am in the NET10/AT&T service area, as my family in my area have AT&T and I had a NET10 phone prior to the Samsung Focus S which worked fine. I can log in successfully to XBOX live on my XBOX 360, or Windows Live/Zune on my PC without issue. I am in the US.

I bought this phone specifically to play XBOX live and I don't understand how that's different from the other data (web access) which is going to the phone. Please help.
    Last edited by Biggoron_B; 26-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.