Thread: Windows Phone 7.5 picks Data connection over Wi-Fi

Windows Phone 7.5 picks Data connection over Wi-Fi

When at home, now and then I see that the whole thing that is Internet related on the handset is slow. I have a extremely fast Internet connection plus a Wi-Fi N network. I am connected to Wi-Fi and yet it is slow. Checking the handset, although, also displays that I do not have 3G as well as only E or G. So I think that it use the data connection in place of the Wi-Fi connection even though both are chosen and the phone is to use Wi-Fi as the preferred connection . So, I go on to Settings and stop Data. Certain enough Everything is fast once more still connected to the Wi-Fi . The handset chooses Data over Wi-Fi look as if to be a bug in WP7.5..?? This occur on my HTC Titan . which is Mango and unlocked and unbranded.

Re: Windows Phone 7.5 picks Data connection over Wi-Fi

similar issue here! This is extremely huge bug and I'm certain this is the source for a few of the latest reports of extreme data usage if you utilize your phone at home for streaming and consider you are using WLAN however it is billed as mobile traffic . I as well establish that a lot of people with different manufacturer handset report such a behavior

I upgrade to 7740 and tethering few days ago, and straight away my HD7 was prefer the data connection above the Wi-Fi, although the Wi-Fi is connected as well as working very well so I have to turn the data off to make use of Wi-Fi

To the extent that I can tell this is because one of the latest’s updates maybe 7720 or tethering
    After disable GSM data the whole thing was back to ordinary so WLAN in fact was working very well
    I also establish that stopping and after that enabling WLAN did temporarily fix it.
    I confirmed the using of GSM data in place of WLAN as being connected to wlan through using an app that display which connection is active and the public IP address

I'm happy to see not only my phone HTC mozart 16 gb vodaphone. It’s not just that it try to make use of data, although that data is slow too. If I switch Wi-Fi off the data 3g rise in speed. This is obviously an operating system problem. Only since network sharing came along.