Thread: It is better to switch to live account instead of Gmail on windows phone 7

It is better to switch to live account instead of Gmail on windows phone 7

I am looking to buy Windows phone 7 in this month only I know all the features and performance of the phone, but I want to know that Is there any benefit or a reason to switch from Gmail account to Live account on windows phone. If anyone using the windows phone or having any information regarding this issue then please recommend me.

Re: It is better to switch to live account instead of Gmail on windows phone 7

If you are talking about the Live account instead of gmail on windows phone then yes, you will definitely get many benefits of using live account.
    • If you have an Xbox live account the by using the Live account links you can gamertag to your phone.
    • You will get the Skydrive integration that’s means 25 GBs of extra storage linked to your phone.

I have try using both the live account and gmail account with Windows 7 phone and found that Live account works better with windows phone 7 than the gmail. But on the other hand gmail also works fine as I always use gmail only for mail and for calendar, contacts and tasks I use live account.

There are many reasons that allow you to switch to live account instead of gmail on windows phone 7, some of reasons are as follows:
    1. You can access office web application like word, excel, onenote. On your computer through your live account and it syncs to your phone and you can also do this in opposite way as from your phone to the computer using live accounts.
    2. As per my experience the live calendar of your Live accounts Is works best with windows phone 7 as compare to Google calendar because my Tasks/to do’s on Google calendar didn’t sync to my phone.

Sky drive is a nice application and you get access to this live features with your Live accounts, so you just add a live account with your gmail account and this will helpful to save the office documents in a decent way and use gmail account for email purpose.

Live account is really beneficial so it is better to switch to live account instead of Gmail because it allows you to get access to some nice live features like Xbox live, Skydrive, Zune etc. but make sure that the synching multiple accounts does drain battery life and not only this it also looking for contacts and calendar information from windows live .

I don’t really use live account much I always prefer the email experience with Gmail account , I have my email, contacts, calendar and all this synced with Gmail without having any problems on my windows phone7. I think it’s just a personal choice you just get a live account and if not now you probably find it useful in future with windows 8, 9 or 10 etc.