Thread: Sansa Clip+ received Firmware Update v01.02.16

Sansa Clip+ received Firmware Update v01.02.16

The firmware update for Sansa products is essential in order to resolve some known bugs and add some new features to the player. You can update the firmware using the Sansa Firmware Updater. If your Sansa Firmware Updater does not work, then don’t forget to get the new Sansa Firmware Updater (Windows Version Only).

Now there is a firmware update for Sansa Clip+, which is of version 01.02.16. The latest Sansa Firmware Updater can able to update the Clip+ to this most recent firmware.

Re: Sansa Clip+ received Firmware Update v01.02.16

I have done the update very recently and I like the drag and drop file method. I did like this way. Any Mac or Linux users can connect Clip+ in MSC mode and go through these steps.
    • First of all Turn on Clip+ and Go to Settings
    • Choose “System Settings"> "USB Mode" and select "MSC"
    • Now Drag and drop the firmware files which you have already downloaded in your computer. The downloaded files might be in Zip format. You need to unzip them and then directly copy those extracted files to device root directory except the info file.
    • Disconnect the device and reboot. It will automatically update the firmware.

I have tried the above steps and there was no luck to me. It seems to me that the above upgrade instructions were incomplete. When I unzipped the firmware zip file, there were actually 2 files. I dragged and dropped those into device root directory but it didn’t do anything. I am using Mac here. Am I missing something there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    I have tried the above steps and there was no luck to me. It seems to me that the above upgrade instructions were incomplete. When I unzipped the firmware zip file, there were actually 2 files. I dragged and dropped those into device root directory but it didn’t do anything. I am using Mac here. Am I missing something there?
    Here is the step by step procedure to update the device. I hope this could work.

• First thing you need to make sure that battery is > 50% or full
    • Next Extract.zip file to a new folder in your computer and place it on Desktop
    • Connect the Sansa Clip+ and drag the 2 files to t root directory
    • Remove the Sansa Clip+ computer. You don’t need to reboot, it will begin the firmware update automatically.
    • Once finished, it will turn off by itself
    • Now turn on the Clip+ and Select language and region
    • To verify it again, in your Clip+ go to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info. It must be now 01.02.16

I have updated the firmware but then I have noticed that Sansa failed to fix gapless. It is a very disappointed thing with this firmware. They didn’t even list this issue under "known issues" section. Does anyone know why they denied it? If you see the user manual of Clip+, gapless is listed there and this device is advertised to feature gapless. I hope that Sansa will fix the gapless with the next firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    I have updated the firmware but then I have noticed that Sansa failed to fix gapless. It is a very disappointed thing with this firmware. They didn’t even list this issue under "known issues" section. Does anyone know why they denied it? If you see the user manual of Clip+, gapless is listed there and this device is advertised to feature gapless. I hope that Sansa will fix the gapless with the next firmware.
    You already know that what fixes occurred due to this update. Here are the Known Issues listed:
    • Database progress bar doesn't Refresh and scale with time
    • FM signal is very weak and does not record properly.
    • Cannot power off the device when it is in Locked state
    • Several language strings appear in English

The new firmware released and everyone noticed that it came with several bug fixes and improvements. After the completion of the firmware upgrade, the device should turn off. And you need to manually turn on the device to complete the process.

If device doesn’t turn off, then press & hold the Power switch for few seconds. This will reset the device. Restart the device with the same manner.

In my case the firmware upgrade have changed the recharge status and its animation. In the previous version of firmware when batter is charging, the animation was moving or increasing from left to right. Once moved to left, it resets in a loop. The animation was increasing more and more when the batter started charging. Once full, the animation reverting to very left. But now, when the battery becomes full, the animation stops.

As far as I know that this is the first and only one firmware update out yet for Sansa CLIP+. For any reason if you want to go back to the older one, there is no possible option yet. That means you can’t go back to the 1.01.05. I think it is initial firmware version for Clip+, which is not meant to download. This version comes pre-installed the device only. For older model CLIP players, It may be possible but never tried.

It is always a good thing to make a backup copy for all of your data and contents inside the Sansa. This will help you to easily restore the playlists and files after the update. I have observed that there are corrupted music file some Sansa. The device was also hanging up while refreshing the database refresh or during playback. The most recent transfers to the device could cause these corrupted files.