Thread: Dell Studio XPS does not recognize various device plugged in

Dell Studio XPS does not recognize various device plugged in

I am using dell studio XPS for my daily work but from past few days I am noticing is that various device which are plugged in does not recognizes it. For this I tried to remove it and fixing it back to the plug but still there is no response. The devices like the monitor, speakers is not recognized and currently the printer is affected. For this I searched all over the net but didn’t find the appropriate solution so I hope getting the positive response from here.

Re: Dell Studio XPS does not recognize various device plugged in

I would help you out with this but would like to know that about which specific dell studio model you are talking about. So I would guide you according to it.

The model which I am using it is the Dell studio XPS 9000, this thing was first started with the speakers then with the monitors and now having the plugging problems with the printers. After removing the plugs and also restarting the PC it shows me the same problem. So what may be the exact reason for this.

According to me three USB ports in the studio xps 9000 which are situated in the front should not be used for plugging the devices. For plugging in devices try to use the ports from the back side of the case. As you should try to use the USB ports from the backside of the case and check the ports one by one whether the ports are working or not.

I checked the ports as you have told me about. By checking the two USB ports from the back side one of the ports is attached with the keyboard which is working properly and does not have issue with. The second port is connected with the printer which recently stopped recognizing. Only speakers is connected with the front port and rest two ports I use to connect the pen drives.

I would like to know which port you have connected the speakers with.

Speakers are connected with the green port which is located between the blue and the pink port and situated above the yellow port. As I never had the problems with the port, but facing the problems with this port from past few days.

As you are saying that you have connected the speakers within the green port which has stopped working. So I would like you to check the port by connecting other device like headphones or any flash drives. If the device is working fine then I guess there might be problem with the speakers and if the port does not recognize the device then I think port might have some problem and due to this it does not detect the devices.