Thread: How to downgrade Blackberry Playbook 2.0 to 1.7 using macbook

How to downgrade Blackberry Playbook 2.0 to 1.7 using macbook

I always wanted to use android app on my playbook. I have tried to install it several times but no luck. There is no way I can install bar file to my playbook. For that reason I have device to downgrade my PB to 1.7. I tried but failed. After the unsuccessful downgrade all apps were disappeared. I want to downgrade it properly. I am using the Macbook. Any advice?

Re: How to downgrade Blackberry Playbook 2.0 to 1.7 using macbook

First of all make sure that you are using the latest version of Blackberry Desktop manger in your MAcbook . If not, you may see issues. Make sure you are following the step by step procedure. There is a different procedure to upgrade and downgrade. Before the downgrade backup all data, because the downgrade will delete all and everything from the device. There is no update option available in Mac. You must choose Repair instead of Update.

• Back up the device and install the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    • Now you need to unplug the device from your computer and switch of the device.
    • Next step is connecting the playbook again. Make sure the BB desktop manager is already running.
    • The macbook will show you an error message saying that it cannot connect to the device.
    • System will prompt you a pop up with 3 options Retry, Update, or Cancel.
    • Choose the Update option and select the version of OS you want to install.

In order to install the older version of BB OS or to downgrade, the system must have proper version of update file. I think that the current version OS file size is around 300MB. The older version file size might be around 200Mb. Look for it inside the Root folder of Desktop manager software. It might be Hidden. If there, you can easily downgrade.