Thread: Unable to play Bloomberg News video on BlackBerry PlayBook

Unable to play Bloomberg News video on BlackBerry PlayBook

This is weird every time I try to play the video form the Bloomberg News but I am not able to play it gives me the error message "This video is not authorized to play on your device”. . is it this site is blocking the video to be played on the playbook for some reason . Is there anyone here knows anything about this can shed some light on this issue because this is really very annoying and I don’t know what to do about this. can anyone here help me on this issue I would be appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to play Bloomberg News video on BlackBerry PlayBook

Yeah I have even notice the same thing and this started from the time when the new 1.0.6 update. Now I am not able to watch videos on the Bloomberg website any longer. This is irritating. I receive the same message as you get . is there anything that can be done

Is this a flash issue that might causing this problem, what do you people think? From what the error says , it look as if like they are purposely blocking devices. it appear like the device is particularly blocked however why would they block a tablet while you can see it on a Netbook, almost the similar hardware ability.

As far as I think that this particular website is paid to make Apple product looks good and the BlackBerry product looks worst. So this must be probably the part of the strategy to make people annoy on the situation and quit on the BlackBerry device

No I don’t agree with you on that and if I am not wrong then this website make it money trough selling financial data through terminals and not be the advertising for any particular brand . But I think there is some other reason . The fact that the BlackBerry playbook does not support the Mp4 video format and variants in streaming. Does anyone know what format of video do the Bloomberg use on the site?

I never heard anything like that in fact when I searched the mp4 streaming on the Google it gave me some sample which worked very well in my BlackBerry playbook so probably your theory is wrong

Well I am not able to play it on my BlackBerry playbook with the 1.0.7.3312 OS version . it just gives me a small question mark on the video location where the video must be . this is really very annoying .

Great you people complain about the Bloomberg videos but in my BlackBerry playbook Bloomberg Radio also isn’t working and I am pretty sure that the Bloomberg Radio doesn’t uses the flash addon for the same . this is really awful does any one else have this problem or is it only me , I thing Bloomberg has blocked BlackBerry device from there site correct me if I am wrong