Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 AMOLED display is same as of Galaxy S and Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 AMOLED display is same as of Galaxy S and Galaxy Note

Hello friends, i have founded the same problem in Galaxy Tab 7.7, which is there in Galaxy S and Galaxy Note. I do not think that the Samsung has fixed the problem which is there with AMOLED display, i am able to see that the bottom half of the tablet is been heavy yellow tint if i compare it with the top half which is whitish. Does anyone else have observed the same issue in the tab. What you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 AMOLED display is same as of Galaxy S and Galaxy Note

I using the Tab 7.7, but i am not able to see such kind of issue in it. i have checked it clearly also, then also i was not able to get it. I have tried to set the background as gray and see that i am able to get the yellow tint on the bottom, but then also i was not able to get anything. There is no problem it might be problem with yours.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 AMOLED display is same as of Galaxy S and Galaxy Note

I have also not founded the problem with my tablet also, i do not know how you are getting it, the Samsung people have worked on it and also it is been fixed, it might be some other problem.

This is was something i have also noticed with my tab, it is also the first amoled display. I was not aware of the limitations of this new technology. I have keep the brightness of the tab to full (70 -90%) then i was getting some of the post in same way. Then someone have told me that it is not the proper thing to do it. It is been related to plasma technology such that it is much better than lcd/led in terms of picture quality, but then also there are been problem with the image burn with static content. I feel that it will take something 9 generations of plasmas to solve this issue. I would suggest that you should set the brightness of the tab to medium or low but not high, but if you do that then i do not know that how will the oleds function or they even need this. Presently i am getting the very faint yellow which matches exactly with the system bar at the bottom. It occur when you change orientations.

If the yellow thing is being bother then you can try some method that to minimise static content:

• Make the screen timeout from 1 - 15 minutes
    • Try using "hidebar.apk" to hide the system bar.
    • In the default browser you can change to full screen mode
    • To change it follow this step:
      • Go to settings
      • go to Labs
      • select quick controls

So you can try this method which can avoid it, other than this you can replace the tab if it is very much bad enough for you. I was able to notice it and done this setting then was not able to notice much about it. It is been issue beforehand, but the screen is much better than anything for a period of a year or two.

I do not know that people are so much aware of this issue. This issue is been picked by those who neat pickers, such problem are not been seen when it is been used in normal usage condition such that the screen is been set to auto or manual, if you wanted to check it then you set the brightness to Zero, then you can check it. The longer time you keep the brightness at 20% or more then you will not able to see any of that.

Are you people are talking about the same problem which was there in Galaxy S1? I am using the Galaxy S1 and at the bottom half i am having the yellowish during the white pages, when try to look at it with black image in a dark room then it becomes more dark. If you turn off the display and look it against the sun at a shallow angle then you will be able to see that golden mesh which is not flat in that area. This is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    I do not know that people are so much aware of this issue. This issue is been picked by those who neat pickers, such problem are not been seen when it is been used in normal usage condition such that the screen is been set to auto or manual, if you wanted to check it then you set the brightness to Zero, then you can check it. The longer time you keep the brightness at 20% or more then you will not able to see any of that.
    This is a big differenece, such that having those problem and also saying 'its only visible when such changes is done'. I love to have a flawless screen, where i am paying for the product then i should get it as money back guarantee / refunds for the problem which are there in it. I always uses the autobrightness which at time it drops at 0% when using it in the room with no lights. At the moment i am not having the Tab 7.7, so do not know about it, using Galaxy S. According to my opinion i will like to see a Tab 7.7 with flawless screen, but cannot expect anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    This is a big differenece, such that having those problem and also saying 'its only visible when such changes is done'. I love to have a flawless screen, where i am paying for the product then i should get it as money back guarantee / refunds for the problem which are there in it. I always uses the autobrightness which at time it drops at 0% when using it in the room with no lights. At the moment i am not having the Tab 7.7, so do not know about it, using Galaxy S. According to my opinion i will like to see a Tab 7.7 with flawless screen, but cannot expect anything about it.
    If you are thinking to go for any tablet then 7" or higher one will be better option. You can save money and also it is having the samoled + not ++ or any higher one. If you use it with normal usage patterns then you will be able to get flawless screens..

I would say that most of the people are getting the flawless screens. I am waiting for a tab which is flawless, if there is anything available then will be purchasing it. So waiting to get one for me.