Thread: Small font size in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Small font size in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 couple of week ago. Emails, all the software programs and most of all the programs are working in great resolution. However the font are so small that it become quite difficult to read. I ma having Note and running with resolution of 1280X800 and font size is great. But with the same resolution on Tab 7.7 I am getting Font 50% smaller. Let me know if you are having the same issue.

Re: Small font size in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

In Honeycomb you will be able to import the fonts but I don’t think if there is any bigger font available in the firmware. It would be great if we can have larger size of font.

After going through the problem I recommend that you should add ro.sf.lcd_density=xxx where xxx is the size and Stock on Honeycomb 160 to build.prop and set the same in that particular way. You should have skills to pull build.prop file and remove that particualr line in case it did not working for you.
    Also there is option named Stretch to fill screen in which all the things would be distored. It will only work of your app is having tablet support. I think Samsung provide something like font changer from market and install the bigger font.

The Samsung Galaxy Note is having 320 DPI which is double than that of Windows Phone 7.7. Android is using DPI settings in order to determine size of the icons used and what should be the size range should be used in the fonts. More DPI you will have bigger the icons you will get and lrager would be the font size.

If you are looking to increase the DPI of above mentioned table and you should not go for higher than that of 214. if you have not done the same then it should not ne look like tablet. Higher 214 the lock screen would be changed as a phone-like and you will not be able to get an access on the table version of the app which you have installed it. you should be very cautious when you are looking to change the DPI of the device.

This particular tablet is set for DPI 160 and actually it is Tw Launcher. It has been already mentioned that changing of DPI would make font and icons bigger. However TW would not work and you will not be able to make use of tablet. If I am not wrong there are number of DPI changing apps available in the market. Right now I am waiting for the ICS upgrade and after upgrading with the same I would like to see whether the issue has been resolved. There is no issue while changing DPI on the tab but I don’t recommend to do that.

Well I am sure about that thing that there should be something which can be done with custom flipfont. This are fonts which are installable apks. You will be able to switch the fonts from the settings. You have to go fir Screen where you have to select screen display and go for font. I let you know that you should limit size which you can set.

Also I recommend that you should go for Big Font in order to increase the font. You can get the same from the Android Market. I am hoping that it will be useful to you. if you are having any doubt then fee free to ask about the same.

I don’t know whether there could be an issue with device itself so you should contact the technical support team to get help to resolve issue.

question Re: Small font size in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Big Font doesn't change font sizes under icons. Why?

It does change the system fonts