Thread: where can I find cookies in Ipad?

where can I find cookies in Ipad?

Hi, guys I am using ipad and it work well, I browse internet on this ipad whole day so there are lot of cookies collect in my ipad, so I have decide to delete it but I can’t find cookies in my ipad. So I just want to ask to you guys that where can I find cookies in my ipad?

Re: where can I find cookies in Ipad?

In ipads the cookies are located in /var/root/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist. the cookies are located in this folder as an text file in ipads, so you just have to delete this text file and your cookies will be deleted.

I don’t how to delete cookies in browser like safari of Firefox or any third party browser, but you can delete your browser history that will also delete all your cookies and if you want to retrieve your cleared browser history than you can restore your latest backup but that will restore the thing you had in history at the time of back up.

Which browser are you using is it safari browser? If you are using safari browser than you have to select preference from safari menu, then click on show cookies button, after clicking on show button it will open new windows that will let you delete cookies of your ipad. You can delete all cookies or you can also select and delete cookies which you don’t want, If you are not using safari browser than you should let everyone know which browser you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Which browser are you using is it safari browser? If you are using safari browser than you have to select preference from safari menu, then click on show cookies button, after clicking on show button it will open new windows that will let you delete cookies of your ipad. You can delete all cookies or you can also select and delete cookies which you don’t want, If you are not using safari browser than you should let everyone know which browser you are using.
    With safari browser I don’t think that there is an option to select and delete cookies, in this browser if you want to delete cookies will delete all cookies in settings, you can’t view what cookies are stored. There are many other browsers in iTunes application stores that allow you to view cookies and delete individual cookies, for example Atomic web browser.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Sorry for incomplete information, I use safari browser in my ipad, as I was new to safari browser because I have recently got this ipad so I did not know how to delete cookies in this ipad. Thanks for your suggestion I will try doing this and I will let you know whether It works or not.

I was able to delete cookies from my safari browser but after updating safari 5.1 browser, I can’t find cookies in this browser because there is no show cookies button in this safari 5.1 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Myshaj View Post
    I was able to delete cookies from my safari browser but after updating safari 5.1 browser, I can’t find cookies in this browser because there is no show cookies button in this safari 5.1 version.
    I would prefer show cookies option under security as it was in old safari browser. In this new safari browser you can view cookies but the new way to view cookies is lot inconvenient, the windows is not expandable you can only view 7 cookies at a time. So it will be very much time consuming for the people who prefer to delete specific cookies. Guess people will downgrade the browser of get use to it.

Is there any alternative option to safari that allows you to improve and reject each cookie that a site wants to set? That is similar to Firefox which ask me each time. I have checked all the browser of in iTunes but none of them clearly offers this option. So I don’t want to delete all cookies and clear my browser history, I would like to select cookies and delete which is unwanted. It would be good if I could add or remove particular sites form allow and block list which is similar to Firefox capability.