Thread: How to downgrade the Samsung galaxy w from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 via odin?

How to downgrade the Samsung galaxy w from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 via odin?

Hi, I have rooted my phone with SuperOneClick ,but now when I try to unroot my phone back with SuperOneClick it never completes the process successfully and thus I am not able to unroot it. I am thinking of flashing the stock ROM and downloaded the firmware with 2.3.5 version from sammobile.com. Does anybody know how can I downgrade my mobile using odin now? I want to reset my mobile to state it was when I bought it new!
    Here is the information for my mobile:

PDA : I8150DXLA2
    PHONE : I8150XXK1
    CSC : I8150OLBKL1

Re: How to downgrade the Samsung galaxy w from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 via odin?

You will not have to unroot your phone because you have already updated the firmware for your phone, so your phone’s root is gone now! If you need any rooting permissions then you should use the recovery method for rooting. SuperOneClick and other such methods work only for the firmware which is below LA2 where as recovery method works upto LA2. Why do you want to flash your phone?

I want to unroot my mobile because I have rooted it with SuperOneClick but still it is showing the root on my mobile, so this is the reason i want to flash it with odin. I have downloaded the firmware that has the version 2.3.5 with proper region code. Firmware contains two files actually which are MD5 file and other one is SS_DL.dll. Please help me to unroot my mobile!

Ok,follow these steps to flash your mobile with odin:
    1. Switch off your mobile and press and keep holding the volume down, menu and power button. Release the power button when your mobile is turn on!
    2. You will see the screen with exclamatory mark press the volume up button then and you will be in the download mode now. Connect the phone to computer now! This mode is used to flash the firmware even if you had installed the corrupted version previously!
    3. Now you have 2 options for you a) download new firmware or b)if you already have the firmware downloaded then download Ancora.OPS or the Odin Multi Downloader with version 4.43.
    4. As you want to proceed with odin, I will tell you the process for odin only. Open odin that you have just downloaded, click on the OPS button and select the Ancora.ops file.
    5. Now adjust the setting to the following:
      Enable the One Package, Protect OPS and Auto Reboot and then disable the “reset time (sec)”.
    6. Now click on the One Package and select the MD file. Now select the start button. Flashing will need upto the 10-15 minutes and then first startup will need 5 minutes to complete. After this you will be able to see the home screen.

I have downloaded the firmware and just want to ask you few more questions:
    1. Will flashing the firmware remove the root?
    2. The firmware that I have downloaded doesn’t have any .ops file and only has the MD5 file then how am I supposed to flash the firmware?

Yes sometimes you can get the single file also, just download the Ancora.ops file separately. Do not hesitate as I have used this method several times before and that is why I am recommending you this! Though there is always a chance that you might lose your phone but it won’t happen if you will follow the instructions. Just be brave and go for it!

You can use the method of recovery for unrooting your phone. This method is useful only if you have used it fo rooting your phone. Follow these steps:
    1. Download the firmware file and copy it to your sd card.
    2. While your phone is switched off press and hold the home button , volume down and power button, release the power button after your phone gets turn on!
    3. You can use the volume up and down buttons to navigate in your phone, now apply run the zip file. Use the home button to confirm the selection.
    4. Now using the volume button select the unroot.zip file from your sd card and again confirm it with home button. It will take around 5 seconds.
    5. Now select “reboot system now”. This should help you solve the problem!