Thread: Windows phone Tango reducing the RAM support to 256mb

Windows phone Tango reducing the RAM support to 256mb

Everyone must have heard or read about the Microsoft’s windows phone Tango update which is said to be released soon. But now the big news is that the new windows phone Tango update is surprisingly going to be designed in order to cut down the cost rate of the manufacturing of the windows phone. Obviously they are going to make it possible by reducing or degrading some of the other things from the phone.

But I have heard that they are going to make it possible by reducing the RAM support for windows phone. It has been said that from now onwards windows phone will support just 256mb RAM.

Re: Windows phone Tango reducing the RAM support to 256mb

Having a mobile device with 256mb Ram support is fair enough for any user using it. But comparing the size of the Ram with other current existing handset, 256mb sounds too low as we all know that now days the normal Ram support for even an average handset is minimum 512mb. So if compared the Ram size of windows phone with other handsets obviously 256mb sounds too low.

It’s obvious that if you compare the Ram with other existing handset’s Ram then 256mb will sound too low. There are almost all the mobile phone brands present in the market having minimum 512mb or 512+ RAM. But let me tell you something Microsoft is not a small company, there must be something they must have planned before deciding to reduce the RAM support in windows phone. I believe and trust them a lot

I personally feels that either tango has particularly aimed at the lower end hardware or else they might have been surely improved the OS and taken it to a higher level. If they really didn’t improve the OS then definitely it will be difficult for them to survive and run into a huge already fragmented market.

Hey friends, in my opinion I think windows phone is not going to make it possible. Because if you all rewind and go back with the previous windows phone update the specifications have always been the same.

Instead of taking things in a negative manner let’s cheer up their initiative. i don’t have idea about you people but I am seriously very much excited to know whether they have really come up with such ideas. if yes then how come Microsoft made it possible for windows phone to become so reliable and efficient that it will be possible to make it run smoothly even on a low level handsets having less Ram with all the features enabled.

Let me tell you no matter how much Microsoft make windows phone efficient and reliable or supportable to lower devices but still there are certain specifications which are necessary for the devices to support windows phone 7.
    Here are the lists of hardware requirements for windows phone 7:
    • A common set of hardware controls and buttons
    • A large WVGA (800 x 480) format display
    • Capacitive 4-point multi-touch screens for quick, simple control of the phone and its features.
    • Support for data connectivity using cellular networks and Wi-Fi
    • 256 MB (or more) of RAM and 8 GB (or more) of flash storage
    • A-GPS
    • Accelerometer

There are also some optional hardware requirements:
    • Compass
    • Gyro
    • Primary Camera
    • Front-facing Camera

I do agree with you my friend, no matter which company’s OS it is. There certainly need some base specifications to be present in the device which is going to support the OS. The same ways even windows phone all versions too have the same base specifications at least till now. Also I don’t think there has been really any fragmentation apart from certain devices.

Also you must have noticed one thing; most of the manufacturers always have their own applications of each of their own models they release rather than making other available apps supportable to their model.

Yes base specifications is what we actually see always common in most of the models. Maximum of the windows phones have the same specification. Screen, RAM and processor are what you can notice is always common in a same in different models of same manufacturer. Windows phone have got 800x 480 screens, 512mb Ram in common. And what changes is the Processor in their phones till now.

Let me make a correction, for your kind information it’s not the processor which keeps on changing but the processor speed if I am not mistaken. According to me what I believe is that if the OS itself is designed in a far more brilliant way then why the manufacturer will have to be dependent on Ram to make it run successfully.

I wish windows phone’s intention of supporting lower end hardware will not have any serious negative impact on the user experience.