Thread: Windows phone Tango is going to introduce Folders

Windows phone Tango is going to introduce Folders

Heard lot of thing about the latest update release of Tango. I still doubt whether they are rumors or fact. But one of its news which really made me concerned is the folder introduction in the latest Tango update for Windows phone. Seriously I don’t have any idea about it, but still wanted to confirm about the news. I am personally very much happy with it if it’s original information from Microsoft. So friend what do you think about it, is it true or just a fake news?

Re: Windows phone Tango is going to introduce Folders

I don’t have complete idea about this news but I read somewhere in a thread about Microsoft introducing Tango updates for windows phone which would most probably include folders in it. Anyways no matter whether it’s true or not but still I would like to share the happiness with you. Even I am happy if they are really going to do something like this. I am a genuine windows phone user from last 5 years and trust me I always expected something like this from Microsoft from the day I follow them.

I guess just adding this feature won’t work out. I mean just imagine simply adding a folder would not be very much impressive.

Yes you are right, simply adding a folder will look normal and not so interesting but what if they introduce a dynamic Hub and try to relate things with the folder.

Suppose if you are able to get into a new hub which is created from your application group by just tapping into the folder. You will understand it in much better way if you take the example of current Xbox Live Hub; it’s very much similar to what I am saying. That Hub I guess have three Pivots in the Panorama, those pivots are:

• The list of Tiles for the applications which we select
    • The Panorama could be a list of updates / notifications from those apps
    • Tap into the Marketplace to recommend similar apps to your application group

Trust me when I read this thread I was quite disappointed and very much upset but after reading after reading the above post felt like the idea should definitely come up but only if the above ideas are implemented. Yes, I really liked the customized Hub idea and I am also impressed with it. Really if they use this concept and come up with an idea of feeding of activities from those application groups it would definitely become one of the most appreciated features in terms of personalizing your data.

Let’s have some sensible and healthy discussion. I really appreciate the guy who came up with the Hub idea. I personally believe that Microsoft needs to come up with new customized ideas in their latest updates and all. One of the ways to develop the idea is to allow the user to create Hubs that would necessarily function like folder. For all the purposes it will rather act like a folder in android or ios but it would be better and will have much better, Metro-y UI.

As said about the customized ideas, it would be more helpful if they come up with an idea to allow the user to change the appearance of the start screen or the background and also allow them to have more access over the tile appearance.

Customized appearance is the one thing which most of the windows phone user expect in their handset. I have seen people keeping their view and opinions as a request in front of Microsoft. And I also think it’s quite possible to have customized background and also to have control over tile appearance, my personal view would be to have the tile slightly transparent of somewhat like that.

I would like to tell something. I already have a Galaxy S with me with a Widows phone launcher skin installed expecting that I would help me improving the look of the my phone’s start screen. It actually helps us to imply a photo in the background of the Startup screen; it allows us to make our background look like what we want. Anyways I liked the idea of keeping the tile transparent which I feel will obviously look great and help us to make the background attractive and catchy if it’s possible to re-theme the tile.