Thread: Need some help on buying lens for Sony Alpha NEX-5

Need some help on buying lens for Sony Alpha NEX-5

Hello everyone, I just happened to buy this cool camera, looks good. I don’t know if somebody can help me with this one. Well I am searching for some good lens and a flash for my camera, would be happy to know if anybody here can help me with their suggestions. That would be fun for me. So if you all have some replies then do let me know about it. So that I can start investing on some specialized lenses.

I am looking forward to take some good pictures and photos from my camera. So any help from you all guys would be appreciated.

Re: Need some help on buying lens for Sony Alpha NEX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Banadinovich View Post
    Hello everyone, I just happened to buy this cool camera, looks good. I don’t know if somebody can help me with this one. Well I am searching for some good lens and a flash for my camera, would be happy to know if anybody here can help me with their suggestions. That would be fun for me. So if you all have some replies then do let me know about it. So that I can start investing on some specialized lenses.

I am looking forward to take some good pictures and photos from my camera. So any help from you all guys would be appreciated.
    You can buy the HVL-F20S flash it is fully compatible with the camera that you have mentioned now. I am using it right now. So you can make use of that, I cannot comment anything on the lenses for the Alpha NEX-5. Since it is a very pivotal part of the camera and I cant give any random suggestions. Its better you take some professional help, that would be better for you.

Re: Need some help on buying lens for Sony Alpha NEX-5

I will answer it for you. The necessary flash has been mentioned above at the top. Let me tell you about the lenses that can be used for the Alpha NEX-5. See Alpha NEX-5 uses Sony's E-mount lenses, these lenses are very rarely available and very difficult to find. So one option with which you can go ahead is the SEL18200 (18-200mm), a very nice lens again very difficult to find but if you get it then you should consider yourself lucky. It is priced at around $800, you will also require a adapter for the same, LA-EA2 will do good for you. The cost of the adapter is almost $330.