Thread: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

question Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

I have recently purchased a Digital Camera of the Canon IXUS 115 but the problem is that when I click and see the pictures then there is white spot appearing on the images and this has annoyed me very much. The white spot is not in the constant state and keeps changing its position as I see the pictures. Could anyone tell me what is the reason for this? Anybody else with the same problem here? Thanks in advance for the answers.

star Re: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

I too have the Digital Camera of the Canon IXUS 115 HS but I have never faced the problem of the white spot on the pictures. I think you should check the settings of the Camera and ensure that the resolution is the best and the image quality is set to high. You should try capturing the pictures in the dark using the flash mode and the same problem is occurring then you should adjust the settings and tell me what happens.

Down Re: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    I too have the Digital Camera of the Canon IXUS 115 HS but I have never faced the problem of the white spot on the pictures. I think you should check the settings of the Camera and ensure that the resolution is the best and the image quality is set to high. You should try capturing the pictures in the dark using the flash mode and the same problem is occurring then you should adjust the settings and tell me what happens.
    I have checked that the image quality is high and also I have captured the images during the night using the mode of the flash but what I see is only the pictures with the white spot. This is very disappointing.

Re: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

I don’t think so then it could be related to the settings then. I hope that there white spot that is occurring on the pictures would be some kind of the reflections. I have used the Canon Cameras and they never give such kind of the problems of the white spot on the pictures that i click.

sad Re: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

It’s really bad for me that I am suffering this white spot problem on my Digital Camera. Its really disappointing that nobody else is having the problem. And it is the white spot only that is giving so many problems. Nothing is in relation to the reflection part I think. I am not ready to accept this fact because I am a Canon Camera lover and I have used many cameras of Canon but they haven’t given me such problem. Also I have checked using the Samsung, Kodak and the Nikon cameras to click the pictures but they even don’t show the white spot on the images even using the flash mode in the dark.

Re: Canon IXUS 115 Digital Camera showing white spot on pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuvanlal View Post
    It’s really bad for me that I am suffering this white spot problem on my Digital Camera. Its really disappointing that nobody else is having the problem. And it is the white spot only that is giving so many problems. Nothing is in relation to the reflection part I think. I am not ready to accept this fact because I am a Canon Camera lover and I have used many cameras of Canon but they haven’t given me such problem. Also I have checked using the Samsung, Kodak and the Nikon cameras to click the pictures but they even don’t show the white spot on the images even using the flash mode in the dark.
    I guarantee you that the white spot that you are getting on the Pictures using this Digital Camera is due to the reflections that are because of the dust particles that come when you capture the image in the dark. The camera shows the white spot on the pictures usually when there are pictures that are clicked in the dark using the flash mode of the camera. The dust particles pass away by them and their reflections is shown as the white spot on the pictures.