Thread: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

sad Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

I am using the Samsung Galaxy W and yesterday via OTA I have done the update of the firmware to the version 2.3.6 on my phone. But the problem is that now I am trying to root the phone then I am unable to do that. I don’t think that ROM will allow me to root the phone. Is there anyone who has done the rooting process after the firmware update to of this phone? Could anyone tell me what should I do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

smile Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

I have checked and found that the rooting of the firmware 2.3.6 version is not available. Most Probably, I think that you should do the restore it to the version of the 2.3.5 and then do the rooting process. After this process you should install the RZRecovery and then download the Custom Slim Shady version ROM.

Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

I have used the Recovery Mode of the Samsung and I have done the rooting process on the version of the 2.3.6 Its easy using the mode of the Recovery process. You just have to keep pressed the following keys:

• Power Button.
    • Volume Up Key.
    • Menu Button.

And you should release the Power key once the Samsung Galaxy Wonder is switch on again.

Happy Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

I have used some part of my brain and have already done the rooting of my Samsung Galaxy W .Only after this I have updated it to the version of the 2.3.6 via the OTA and there is no problem at all.

Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

Hmm, I would have done the bricking of my Samsung Galaxy Y. I have done with the restore to the 2.3.5 version and now from the Stock ROM I have done the recovery process of the 2.3.5. Now I have already done with the Rooting of the phone and now going to install the Custom Rom.

idea Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

Quote Originally Posted by Dhairyaa View Post
    Hmm, I would have done the bricking of my Samsung Galaxy Y. I have done with the restore to the 2.3.5 version and now from the Stock ROM I have done the recovery process of the 2.3.5. Now I have already done with the Rooting of the phone and now going to install the Custom Rom.
    The main problem occurred to you that was due to the reason because you might have not done the rooting and you might have failed to do the flash recovery of the phone before the firmware update to the 2.3.6 version. You must always take into the consideration that you should be able to do the recovery of the phone before any prior update via the OTA.

Exclamation Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

It’s very difficult for me when it comes to the rooting of the phone. The Samsung Galaxy W is the first Android Smart phone that I have purchased and I was thinking that until the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM comes out , I am not going for the flashing of any ROM for my phone. The firmware that is recent is perfect and works better but I would like to get information that is this firmware rootable because I have heard that the latest version of the Samsung Firmware are not rootable and if you wish to do the rooting of the latest firmware then you have to do the flashing of the previous version of the firmware in order to root the latest firmware. I was thinking to root the latest firmware of 2.3.6 so that it would provide me a good battery life and I would be able to use the latest GPS apps on my phone.

star Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

Quote Originally Posted by Muskil View Post
    It’s very difficult for me when it comes to the rooting of the phone. The Samsung Galaxy W is the first Android Smart phone that I have purchased and I was thinking that until the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM comes out , I am not going for the flashing of any ROM for my phone. The firmware that is recent is perfect and works better but I would like to get information that is this firmware rootable because I have heard that the latest version of the Samsung Firmware are not rootable and if you wish to do the rooting of the latest firmware then you have to do the flashing of the previous version of the firmware in order to root the latest firmware. I was thinking to root the latest firmware of 2.3.6 so that it would provide me a good battery life and I would be able to use the latest GPS apps on my phone.
    There is no need to flash the old firmware that you are using on your phone in order to do the rooting of the latest firmware o your phone. You just have to follow the Recovery Mode for the Rooting of the Firmware update of the 2.3.6 version of Samsung Galaxy W Smartphone. Hope this helps.

smile Re: Rooting not possible after updating firmware via OTA on Samsung Galaxy W

I would follow your comment and would try to know whether the rooting for this update is really possible or not. I hope it works because I cannot wait for the latest apps and the themes that I would be getting after the rooting of the latest version.