Thread: Is it possible to do video chat through gtalk in Samsung Galaxy W

Is it possible to do video chat through gtalk in Samsung Galaxy W

Hey friends I recently bought two brand new Samsung Galaxy W for me and my girlfriend believing that we both can be in maximum contact through voice and video calling. That’s the reason I bought a smartphone in order to get easy access to video chatting.

But now I am facing a problem, we both share a personal account in gmail so we were supposed to prefer gtalk for chatting. But what came to my notice is that we are unable to make a video call to each other. Tried all possible ways but still it restricts us till normal chatting. Is there anyone who successfully tried this trick of video chatting through gtalk? If yes then please let me know how exactly you did it.

Re: Is it possible to do video chat through gtalk in Samsung Galaxy W

I guess gtalk won’t allow you to you make video call in your Samsung galaxy w. I actually never tired video calling over internet, in fact I never tried gtalk in my phone. But if video calling is really what you need then why don’t you try out using Skype. It works great in my phone. Actually if you go on to check out the review of Skype it has certainly done a good job with almost all android phones.

Maybe skype works but its gtalk which runs with an easy and also most of the users like to you it, because gtalk is something which exists from long ago. Must be due to this reason you want to get video calling access in your phone rather than using some other app.

If you really want to get a video calling access, I would better suggest you to get Talk 1.3 installer application from web. Instead you can get it from our own android market. You must be wondering about this app. Let me tell you, this application does nothing but just allows you to easily install various version of Talk 1.3 with video and voice calling availability. One more thing I would like to tell you is that this application needs root access.

I am also looking out for a best video calling application; I have a HTC sensation phone, I tried lots of application but none of them worked the way I wanted or either they have created some error or crashed. Currently I have Vtok, it works fine but I didn’t like it completely. It hasn’t been updated till now from last 6 months although I don’t want it in my phone.

But now I am in search of the best rated chatting application which should be best suited for my phone and mainly it should be updated.

If you looking out for best android video calling application for your phone then I guess there no application other than QIK video. Its undoubtedly the best one amongst all apps, if you doubt you can check it out on web. No need to pay for this application you can get it free from android market.

• For your convenience let me mention the best features of this application
    • Connect instantly
    • Live video streaming from your mobile phone to web
    • It record and instantly share videos straight to your favorite social networking site
    • Send and receive video mail when you can’t talk live

My personal opinion to you is not to change or install anything. I don’t trust any other IM or chatting application for an android phone other than the inbuilt one which we get already installed in the phone.

The major problem was that when I closed the chat I was always supposes to reboot my phone because I was unable to get my audio working. Getting scared of gtalk 1.3 I uninstalled the application. I already had negative experience with Skype. I thing keeping Skype application always opened in you background eats up your maximum battery charge. If we already have gtalk installed in your phone then why to focus or take interest on other related apps which are not guaranteed and bound to cause some problem. No matter how small and limit access we get with gtalk app but at least its best with its existing features, at least in my sensation phone.

I am facing a big problem with this gtalk 1.3. I did a big mistake by installing this application in my phone. The day I installed this app, I encountered several issues at the same time. The first time I tried it with both audio and video chat, it didn’t work, checked my webcam to make sure that there is no problem with the cam but it was working fine. The receiver always use to hear my voice and some time my video too but I was unable to get both the things at my side.