Thread: Is ODIN 8.5 / Root working for Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) after OTA ATT update

Is ODIN 8.5 / Root working for Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) after OTA ATT update

I am having Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) and I have recently installed the ATT update and I was willing to root it using the ODIN 8.5 but then I have found a no of people facing the issue after rooting saying that there was some kind of driver issues, so just wanted to confirm if it is really so??

Re: Is ODIN 8.5 / Root working for Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) after OTA ATT update

I am having Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) and I have recently installed the ATT update and I was willing to root it using the ODIN 8.5 but then I have found a no of people facing the issue after rooting saying that there was some kind of driver issues, so just wanted to confirm if it is really so??
    I don’t think that there might have been something wrong with the mobile drivers issue and not with the ODIN, the problem with the people is because of the insufficient Samsung drivers which was needed to flash with ODIN, I just wanted to share that if you are sure that you are having the right drivers then the glide will be downgraded to 2.3.5 where as the pre-rooted ROMs are having the same firmware version, the only method that is available is flashing only the insecure.so file but then it is too complex to perform.

Re: Is ODIN 8.5 / Root working for Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927) after OTA ATT update

I have already installed the samsung drivers but then I have found that they are same as that of the windows auto installs, other than this I just wanted to share that I am also having a different recovery screen a that of shown I some of the videos, I think that they have patch the software by some means and which is blocking ODIN access but then if you have already rooted then it won’t undo the same.