Thread: Samsung Galaxy W functioning slowly

Samsung Galaxy W functioning slowly

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy W last week loved the look and design of this phone especially the applications. But it seems like the phone is too slow while functioning. I am not sure whether all the phones of this model functions the same but it anyhow look like an abnormal issue. I would have no problem if the phone takes a second or 2 seconds to open up any application or file but you know it takes almost 20 to 30 sec just to open the home menu.

I tried testing the phone once by opening the phonebook, what I noticed was that the phonebook took exact 30 seconds to explore. The same thing happens with mails and few of the other apps.

Re: Samsung Galaxy W functioning slowly

Yeah I know, this happens in most of the samsung Galaxy W new phones. You need not have worry my friend. Just wait for few days either it will automatically take off or else try to update the phone, I am sure eveything will be fine after you perform the update, make sure that do the lastest update in your phone. I had the same problem with the phone. Initially when I bought the phone it was literally too slow but later on I update the phone as recommended by my friend. And now it works smoothly no other issue occuring till now.

Quite strange to hear that Samsung Galaxy W is facing such slow functioning issue. According to me I guess this should not happen. I saw its specification on web and if I am not mistaken this phone has exactly 512 MB of RAM which I guess is too much for a smartphone of samsung other than this it also has a CPU of 1.4 GHz, then how come it is possible that this is functioning too slow.

I guess there must be some reason for this issue other than the phones hardware. You must have installed a huge size giant application which is causing such problem I guess.

Yes even I agree with you, the problem is not with the phone. Its an obvious thing that if you try to run multiple application at a time exceeding the phone’s capability, the is bound to get slower and slower. Always make sure that you close the applications which you are not using or not required or uselessly opened.

The problem is that when you open any application or file or folder, those files and folder occupies some space of RAM. And if you open multiple apps together, obviously more and more RAM space are occupied. So better try to access less applications at a time and free up your RAM, then see whether your phone works smoothly and faster or not.

I am not getting your statement dude. If you are restricting the people from using multiple application at a time then whats the point of making such phone with such huge available storage memory or RAM. I guess 512 MB RAM is meant for the user to conveniently access any number of apps he wants. Its quite strange to hear that you people are restricting the user with some functionality.

No my friend let me tell you all something. Opening number of applications at a time makes no difference in the RAM memory. I always check my RAM space and guess what it always remains constant whether I open any application or not.

Most probably the available RAM space I always get keeping different number application opened every time is 20 MB. There is something to do with this RAM. I thing the issue is definitely with the hardware part.

Hey I understand you; I guess the problem is bit serious. Just for a click-to-call to appear on the screen your phone takes 30 second, which I believe is too slow. Does the same thing happen while scrolling from one end to another?
    I would better suggest you to try out Antutu benchmark test. You need have to worry about how to perform the test. Just download the Antutu benchmark app from android market and then install it in your phone. After the installation perform the test using this app and let me know the result. And if possible also let me know the firmware and android version of your phone.

You know one of my friends suggested me to put 1GB of RAM in my phone when I faced this low Ram space problem. But I guess that was useless in my case, so I would better suggest you not to try it even if suggested you with such ideas.

If asked me about the issue the only thing I would suggest you to try is a Ram management Free application. Basically this app makes your phone RAM with best utilization; also fasten your phone without any lags. In short it manages your Ram with no defects and balances all other activities. It also helps you to easily switch between the applications quickly and smoothly.

And the most important thing, according to your main criteria you can have full access to multitasking and still you has much memory space available.

The phone becomes too slow not only with CTC (Click-To-Call) but the worst part is that after booting it almost takes 4-5min for the Screen to appear?
    Anyways as told to me I performed the Antutu benchmark test and the result I got with this test is 3644. Also would like to tell you that I am running 2.3.5 stock.

Not in Samsung galaxy W but yes I faced the same problem with my Nokia N73. I always use to get an error message which says “Phone memory full. Please delete some data”. I use to get this message even when I receives new text message, sometimes it restricted those message from receiving in my phone. But one I performed the factory reset option; everything became normal and now no problem with from then onwards.

If you are willing to perform the same option in your phone then don’t worry I will give the proper steps to reset your phone:
    Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset > Reset Phone > Erase Everything
    Settings > Location and Security > Clear Storage: Erase Credential Contents and then reset the password

Samsung Galaxy W functioning slowly

oh god i had a same problem on my galaxy w, what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Kat View Post
    The phone becomes too slow not only with CTC (Click-To-Call) but the worst part is that after booting it almost takes 4-5min for the Screen to appear?
    Anyways as told to me I performed the Antutu benchmark test and the result I got with this test is 3644. Also would like to tell you that I am running 2.3.5 stock.
    are your phone has been running well now??

Quote Originally Posted by hardin View Post
    oh god i had a same problem on my galaxy w, what should i do?

are your phone has been running well now??
    Have you tried clearing all the logs that are generated in the phone while making the call, since it can also be a reason to slow down the phone, also clear all the recent calls, clear timers, clear data's etc and see if that helps. Uninstall un-required apps from the phone and also keep atleast 10-15 mb storage free in device memory.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"