Thread: Blur pictures from Sony Cybershot DSC-W530

Blur pictures from Sony Cybershot DSC-W530

I heard a lot about Sony Cybershort DSC-W530, so decided to buy it. In fact bought it yesterday but didn’t expect such a sudden disappointment from this camera.

I am not a camera freak person, the only thing I am concerned about in cameras are taking pictures, so yesterday when I removed the pack and started taking the pictures what came to my notice was that the images clicked were blurred. Now I am not sure whether it’s a camera default or some internal setting problem which I need to look out. The only thing I know is that the pictures which I am clicking are not clear at all. So is there anyone who is well aware about this camera and its settings to let me know how to eliminate this issue.

Re: Blur pictures from Sony Cybershot DSC-W530

According to my knowledge if the pictures taken from a high quality digital camera especially with Cybershort W530 are blurred then definitely it must be because of the external environment or low light conditions. So I can at least assure that your camera has nothing to do with this problem, just remember that while clicking the image the view should not possess extreme low light conditions and also remember to be focused and steady while the image is being clicked, because sometimes it happens that you click the picture and the resulted output is blurred due to the moment of the camera during the process of clicking.

Let me tell you the reason could not be so small in order to get a blur pic. There is something to do with the internal settings, maybe auto focus or something like that.

I have always noticed something that whenever I turn on my Sony Cyber Short camera, I can see that the view which I see on the screen refreshes itself for at least 2 or 3 time maybe it does so just to make the camera focus on the view or on the object which is to be clicked. Till now I have not got the reason for this slow initiative by the camera. I used 1920x1080 resolutions so in order to be not so hard on memory card.

Once I consulted an expert camera person regarding this issue and what he told was that there is something which the camera does in order to contribute to the blur image clicked. In clear words the camera literally does 2 things:

• First one is the most significant one, i.e. it lowers the camera decreases the shutter speed to 1/8 second.
    • And the second one the camera does is raise the ISO to 2000 which in turn proves to be very high.

I actually didn’t understand what you said; I mean I got your point but not clearly. According to your view point the shutter speed is something which is causing the problem, now is it possible to change the shutter speed in the camera. And what about the ISO? What exactly it’s doing to affect the image clicked? It will be more helpful if explained me in clear non technical words, and if possible also suggest me with the solution for the same.

Actually when the camera lowers the shutter speed to 1/8 second, at that time any slight and tiny movement of the of our hand can cause a blur image. And in second case the camera raises the ISO to 2000 which is extremely high as said above. Now raising the ISO to such high degree makes the images on your camera sensor very grainy which actually happens with all small sensors.

Now the possible solutions are:
    • In the first case, to get a best picture with such a low shutter speed what you need to do is to mount the camera on the tripod.
    • And to handle the graininess the camera softens the picture, which again in turns makes the image blur. In order to get a solution you can keep the ISO low by using the flash.

Hey friends I need to know something, having problem with the blur images always makes me to enter the camera mode settings. In order to get the best pictures I keep on clicking on intelligent auto mode. I literally get the best and clear images with this mode in day light but also gets the worst quality blur images at night time keeping the same “intelligent auto” mode.

So now my question is do I need to use some other mode in order to get the best settings for the external environment? And I also would like to know the difference between the intelligent mode and program mode.

There is no such improvement which you can find in the using other modes like Scene Selection mode. It’s actually when you select the Intelligent auto mode, this mode certainly incorporates the intelligent scene technology, which actually intakes the camera in exactly the proper scene mode which is based on the observations of the shooting condition automatically.

Now here there could be two possible ways Twilight and Twilight portrait, here the camera most probably uses the Twilight Scene Mode but that makes it too tough for the shooting condition.

Here I liked your question regarding distinguishing the Intelligent Auto Mode and Program Mode.

• The most simple and major difference I can see is that the Intelligent Auto mode obviously uses Sony intelligent scene technology where as for Program Mode it’s not possible.
    • The "Program Auto" makes it possible to access all the manual controls of the camera to the user. Manual controls including White balancing, ISO control etc but excluding the shutter speed and aperture.

I always prefer to read the user guides and tutorials whenever I face any problem while taking the sharp picture. But there are certain things which we really don’t get from the user guide.

I never get one thing in all the digital cameras, whenever we switch on the camera and if it’s already in photo mode, I can see clear details of the surrounding in the screen when I move the camera in different direction. But when I press the shutter button the image quality get worst and blur. Never got an answer for this question from anyone. In fact when asked any expert people they say that it’s my camera mistake, but I can see this issue in almost all the cameras.

I would reply you with the available information I have. It’s that the camera does not enable all the settings which are necessary and required for it to take the pictures until and unless you click on the shutter button or press it half of the way. You should see no difference between the images you see on the screen before clicking it and after the image is clicked if the lightning is good.