Thread: Unable to mount Sansa clip+ in MSC mode

Unable to mount Sansa clip+ in MSC mode

Hello friends, i have recently purchased Sansa clip+, earlier i was using the ipod. When i was trying to mount the partition then i was not able to read partition table. Tried to work on many other system, but it has not worked for me. Is there any problem with the clip+ not going to MSC mode when selected? It should have USB 2.0 as per the requirement, is some specific reason for it. So does anyone is able to do mounting, if you have done it then please tell, thank you.

Re: Unable to mount Sansa clip+ in MSC mode

I have played anything in clip+, whereas i was not having problem with the V1 and V2 Clips. I am able to connect it to MSC mode on a Windows 98 machine with USB 1 ports, also the universal USB driver loaded. Even it has worked better with the E200s, C200s, Fuze and View. The only problem is that the file transfer is slow, but View was a bit inconsistent, as it works better in MTP mode on windows XP machine and other series of Sansa works fine.

I have done the test and founded that the it does works on of the machine. I believe that it might not switch to MSC mode where short of using mtpfs or it be something else, as i not confirm with that. The reason is that i am very much bad with MTP in general. I have noticed that it works fine with Windows XP. I have founded that SD High Capacity and on onboard partition i am able to view 'Audible', 'Audiobooks', 'Music', 'Podcasts', sys files etc. Whereas i have mounted more a dozen of removable devices on different linux and unix boxes and was not having any problem with it. Whereas with it i am little disappointed, but i would try to backup the partition table and will try it again to fix the problem.

I would suggest that you should try to give a call to SanDisk Customer Service, as you are trying to work it out, but if it fails then they might be able to help you. I also think that unit might be defective. You can used my suggest as the last option.

I would say that you should try to do it manually, let me tell you that manually procedure is been different as compare with older version, where we were not able to have mechanical Hold switch. If you wanted the method to do it, then you follow the following method, which might help you to do it.

• Start with the Clip+ ON or OFF.
    • Press and HOLD the center button,
    • Plug in the Clip+.
    • Release button when it begins communicating, (It will be in MSC mode)
    • After the communication session, after powering down, the device will revert to the previously selected mode.

I feel that you are trying very much hard to break it. If you have recently purchased then you should return it and get replace one. It will be under warranty, so you might do not worry for it.